March 18, 2016 Volume 6.28
First Day of Spring!
Dear ROCK STAFF,
I hope you all had a good week off last week during Spring Break. It's amazing to me that the first official day of Spring is Sunday. I've enjoyed our mild winter.
Please be aware that as Spring begins, this signals the beginning of the STAAR testing season. Therefore, our ROCK Stars may need a little more time to exercise and unwind from their school day than usual.
If anyone is interested in being a cafeteria/playground monitor, in addition to working for ROCK, please contact Karen for more information.
Summer Staff: Please respond to the email that Jeanette sent you yesterday confirming your receipt of this email as you are on a six week deadline to complete all of the items required for working Summer ROCK.
- Kathy Moore, Site Coordinator at Nebbie, had knee replacement surgery yesterday. If you would like to participate in providing some much-appreciated meals while she recuperates, please click on this link for more information and to sign up.
- Greg Despres, Interim Site Coordinator at Hays, has turned in his resignation as he has received a full-time job in the corporate world. Congratulations to Greg, but we will miss him at ROCK.
Site Coordinator Reminders:
- Please let us know what your ROCK program's Spring Service project your Student Committees have planned.
- Note that the time for the next Site Coordinator meeting has been changed to April 7th from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. in Room 627.
Save the Dates:
- All ROCK Staff are highly encouraged to attend our Super Saturday training event on Saturday, April 16 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. by Cricket Events. Lunch will be provided. This will be a fun, hands-on, paid training to help you be an even more successful ROCK staff member. All Summer Staff workers must attend. (This is different from Straight 8 training.) Please RSVP to Jeanette.
- Straight 8 training will be held in Allen ISD on Saturday, May 21st. Time: TBA. Carpools and lunch will be provided. This training is required for all NEW Summer staffers as well as any returning staff who need the training hours. All returning summer staff must have 15 training hours. This is also a paid training event.
- ROCK End of the Year Staff Party "Beach Bash: will be held on Tuesday, May 3rd from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Central Office. Catered dinner and bingo with prizes will be on the agenda. Wear your favorite "beachy" attire (no swimsuits, please!!)
Photos this week:
- Kids at ROCK Plus for Spring Break enjoyed playing "Dice Sticks" a game popular with Native American and Australian kids.
- Reinhardt Aide, Ashleigh Letlow, helps two ROCK Stars with their homework.
- Reinhardt Rocker is enjoying playing with the Legos.
- Joni Blackmon, Site Coordinator at Hartman, shows off her DAS certified campus certificate.
You guys, ROCK!
March 25: Good Friday, School and ROCK holiday
April 7: SC Meeting Room 627 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
April 8: Pay roll Cut Off
April 16: Super Saturday Training 8:00 - 4:00 p.m.
May 3: ROCK STAFF End of the Year party 7:00 p.m.
May 6: Pay roll Cut Off
May 21: Straight 8 Summer Training
May 30: Memorial Day, School and ROCK Holiday
June 3: Last day of School and ROCK
June 6: Mandatory Summer Staff Orientation
June 7: First day of I Spy Summer ROCK
Karen Hunter, ROCK Coordinator - 469-698-7140
Tracey King, Program Assistant - 469-698-7141
Leslie Kropp, Financial Secretary -469-698-7032
Jeanette Murrell, Lead Site Coordinator - 469-698-7035