Heads up for next week planning!
- Tuesday is makeup school picture day. See below for more information.
- Thursday is early release - all students are dismissed at 1:40pm
- Friday is a no school day for all face to face and virtual students and staff
We are here to be your partner in education and we are honored to work with YOU and your children everyday!
Picture day on Tuesday!
See picture below for details.
If you are currently virtual and would like your child's picture to appear in the yearbook, you have two options:
- You can call the office (262-970-2800) and arrange for your child to come into the school to get their picture taken. If you select this option, your child would be the only one to enter the school building, would wear their mask before and after the photo, and would be socially distanced from all other students and staff.
- You could also send a picture to submit for your child to appear in the yearbook. You can send a picture from a camera or smartphone to email@example.com if you are interested in this.
3rd and 4th graders shared similarities and celebrated differences while working on our building's characteristic of the month, acceptance.
After a few weeks of weather that was much too cold to play outside - we are back! Be sure your child has warm clothes so they can dig into the snow during recess! (If you need winter wear for your child, please ask - we may be able to help!)
February is Black History Month
4th graders getting really into their black history month projects and learning. Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. - Dr. Mae Jemison
Family Math Help Site!
The School District of Waukesha is committed to working to improve math instruction for students. We strive to create future mathematicians who are creative problem solvers, persevere in new situations, and collaborate with peers.
To help with this, the district's math instructional team has created a Family Math Help Site to support families and give them a glimpse into their child's mathematics experience in the SDW. The site provides resources such as:
Basic Fact Strategies
Computational Fluency Strategies
iPad Friendly Sites
Family Letters for each Unit
Learning Math Facts at Home
The SDW Math Continuum
A detailed description of The Math Workshop
7 ways you can help your child at home
Check it out and let us know if you have any questions!
Did you know that our school store continues to add items? We now have crafts, home decor, gifts and more. Most items are $5 and below! All proceeds go to Whittier. Anyone can order! All orders can be picked up when ready at the front rainbow doors.
The picture shows a book all of our classrooms will be reading sometime this month! This book is about accepting yourself and others just the way they (and you) are!
You can support at home by talking about differences and similarities in the family - likes and dislikes - what things do you have in common with each other and what things are different?
Whittier Mission Statement
Whittier School Hours: 8:30am-3:40pm