North Elementary School- September 24, 2015
DUTIES FOR THE WEEK OF September 28
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 3
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY: Amy Backes, Kim Silvey, and Laura
YEE HAWS!!!!! = 3
Calendar of Events
Thursday, September 24
- Happy Birthday, Becky Loethen!
- Pay Day- YEE HAW! (Happy First Pay Day, Brandon!)
- Grade 3 Grade Level Meeting at 9:45 am in the office
- Kindergarten handwriting workshop at 12:45 pm in the library
- Grade 1 handwriting workshop at 1:20 pm in the library
- TST (1L)- speech at 3:15 pm in the office
Friday, September 25
- Project Trio Assembly grades 2-5 at 8:30 am in the gym
- IEP Review- 3-Brewer at 9:45 am in the office
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers due to Fariba by 3:00 pm
Monday, September 28
- TST (1L) -speech at 1:20 pm in the office
- JCPS School Board Meeting at 6:00 pm at BOE
Tuesday, September 29
- School Pictures
- Grade 5 Grade Level Meeting at 8:10 am in the office (SRI reading)
- Grade 4 Grade Level Meeting at 9:00 am in the office (SRI reading)
- Grade 2 Grade Level Meeting at 2:15 pm in the office (SRI reading)
Wednesday, September 30
- Happy Birthday, Bryan!
- Karly out AM
- Kim Bowden out PM
Thursday, October 1
- 5th grade trip to Runge and Lincoln Farm
- Grade 3 Grade Level Meeting at 9:45 am in the office (SRI reading)
- Kindergarten Grade Level Meeting at 12:30 pm in the office (SRI reading)
- Grade 1 Grade Level meeting at 1:20 pm in the office (SRI reading)
- Meeting with Kim Bowden at 2:15 pm in the office (PGP and schedule)
- RED (non public-grade 5) at 3:15 pm in the office
Happy September Birthday to:
6- Julie Stoehr
24- Becky Loethen
30- Bryan Lawson
Happy October Birthday to:
18- Patty Christensen
27- Katie Hudson
31- Lyndsey Reynders
Staff Appreciation Breakfast Nominees Needed
The next Staff Appreciation Breakfast will be held on Thursday, October 15. Please nominate someone by emailing 2-3 sentences to me as to why he/she should represent North School at the breakfast by Friday, September 25th!
New Filing Cabinets
School pictures will be taken on Tuesday, September 29. On picture day, we will return all payment envelopes to you so students can take them with them to have their pictures taken. Please be sure to get them from Carey on Tuesday morning before 7:45.
Remember: DO NOT THROW AWAY THE BROWN ENVELOPE. This is how we keep track of who has paid for pictures when the pictures come in. On September 29, we will ask for ALL envelopes to be returned to the office regardless of whether or not you have additional orders.
Pictures will be taken in the gym this year. Someone will come and get your class when they are ready for you.
Don't forget to include something in your newsletter this week and next week...perhaps something like:
Join the North School Staff and McDonalds for McTeacher Night on Tuesday, October 6 from 4:00-8:00 pm at the Holts Summit McDonalds. Some of the staff will be there to meet and greet you and a portion of the sales will come back to North School! North School McTeacher Night...I'm lovin' it!
Fire Safety Week
PTO Fun(d) Run
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- The last day of the "respect" character books will be Friday, October 2.
- Social dues ($25) are due by October 25. Please make checks payable to North School Social Committee and give them to Karri Gourley.