EECV Family Newsletter
November 2021 - News and Information for our Families
Fall is here!
Dear EECV Families,
Fall is here and so are cooler temperatures. Please remember to dress your child in weather appropriate play clothes each day. As long as the temperature is above 25 degrees (with wind chill) and the playground is clear and free of hazards (such as snow and standing water), we will have outdoor play! Jackets, coats, hats, and gloves are important for outdoor play. We thank you for your help in sending these items in on chilly days.
Just a few additional reminders:
Please make sure that your child is remembering to bring a clean mask with them each day, it is a good idea to give them a backup in their book bag too. Remember, unless we have an approved mask exemption with a physician's note for your child, they must wear a mask each day when in the school building.
If your child will not be at school please call our office at 440-284-8250 and leave a message so that we can note the absence and the reason.
Please be sure that if your child is going home by car that they are picked up at the end of their school day. We do not have staff to care for students after the school day ends. Being on time for pick up is essential.
We love being a partner in your child's education. Thank you for your support each day!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Jackie Plantner, Principal
Myia Bruening, Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dawn Resar, Secretary - email@example.com
Jennifer Packman, School Nurse - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not received communication from your child's teacher regarding a conference please email them or call the school at 440-284-8250 to speak with them about a conference.
Important Calendar Adjustments - November 22nd and 23rd
On Monday, Nov. 22, and Tuesday, Nov. 23, students will not attend school in person.
Students will be provided with assignments from their teachers so that they can learn from home on Nov. 22 and Nov. 23.
These assignments will not require the use of technology or Internet to be completed.
While students are learning from home on Nov. 22 and 23, teachers and school staff will be engaged in professional development related to classroom learning and safety. They will not be providing in-person or virtual lessons during these days; students will work independently from home on their assignments.
Thanksgiving break begins for students on Wednesday, Nov. 24.
Regular in-person classes will resume on Monday, Nov. 29.
Check out The Thankful Book for Todd Parr, a book for preschoolers about being thankful!
Mask Reminder and COVID-19 Safety
Please make sure that your child brings a clean mask with them each day. It is a good idea to give them a backup in their book bag too.
Throughout the district, masks must be worn by students in preschool through sixth grade until further notice.
All visitors to our buildings are required to wear a mask while in the building.
A critical reminder: students and staff should not come to school if they are showing ANY signs of illness, such as headache or fever, cough, sneezing, shortness of breath, stomachache, etc. This cannot be overemphasized: Students should not come to school if they are feeling ill.
The CDC provides excellent guidance on symptoms of illness and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Thursday, November 4th - EECV Fall Activities Day, students can wear Halloween costumes if they wish
- Thursday, November 4th - Story Time with the Elyria Public Library for Lilac, Silver, Peach, Aqua, Yellow, and White Rooms
- Monday, November 8th - Staff Records Day, NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- Monday, November 15th & Tuesday, November 16th - OSU Extension's Snap Ed Programming for students
- Tuesday, November 16th - Evening Conferences, school as normal
- Thursday, November 18th - Story Time with the Elyria Public Library for Orange, Burgundy, Green, Gold, Pink, and Gray Rooms
- Thursday, November 18th - Evening Conferences, school as normal
- Friday, November 19th - Daytime Conferences, NO SCHOOL FOR PRESCHOOL STUDENTS
- Monday, November 22nd and Tuesday, November 23rd - At-Home Learning Days, NO IN-PERSON LEARNING FOR STUDENTS
- Wednesday, November 24th through Friday November 26th - Thanksgiving Break, SCHOOLS CLOSED
- Monday, November 29th - School Resumes
Looking for kid friendly coping strategies? Search Sesame Street Coping Skills on Youtube for some great short videos. Check out Belly Breathing below!
Elyria Early Childhood Village
Elyria Early Childhood Village