The Anderson Tribune
Spring has Sprung!
What's happening in 3rd Grade..........
This week we have been preparing for our Classroom Community! The kids are super excited to get this going as am I. We had our mock election on Tuesday. All of the candidates did an outstanding job creating campaign posters with slogans, speeches, and bringing in treats to pass out to the citizens of our community. Our newly elected Mayor is Ellie Mueller and our Assistant Mayor is Grace Houchin. The rest of the candidates that ran for Mayor will get first choice at picking a job to do in our community. Choices are Bankers, Sanitation, Town Council, and Police. We will be picking jobs this Friday.
*******Also, ISTEP testing will begin next week on Tuesday April 17th and continue through Wednesday and Thursday on Section 1 Math. The following week we will test on Section 2 English/Language Arts on Monday April 23rd, Tuesday, and finish up on Wednesday.*********
Please make sure ipads are at school everyday with a full charge. This is very important seeing as we will be using the ipads more often to complete assignments that are for a grade. Also, please check Class Dojo for students; behavior reports as well as important messages.
This Week April 9th - April 13th :
Reading- Reading Slip due Friday for The Journey and Test Friday. Results will be on Think Central.
Spelling- Words with ies and ied endings/ Pre-Test Wednesday and Retest Friday
English- Adjectives and Adverbs that Compare Test Friday. Results will be on Think Central.
Math- Topic 11 / Next week Topic 12- Fractions
Social Studies- Chapter 5 Test will be Tuesday April 17th.
Science- Force and Motion
*We switch for Social Studies and Science. I teach Social Studies and Mrs. Harwood teaches Science.
- Kids need 14 points for AR by the end of the 4th nine weeks which is next week. This counts towards the final reading grade.
- April Book-It forms are due by the end of April.
- Thanks to those who ordered for March. You can order online by clicking the link below or sending in the order form with a check made payable to Scholastic. I cannot take cash. If ordering online the class code is GNKGW.
- Thursday Folders will come home on Thursday, April 12th. They need to be signed by a parent/guardian and sent back to school the following Friday, April 13th.
- Remember you can check your child's Google Classroom for the Daily Agenda so you are aware of what we are doing in class. Have your child show you how to access this.
- You can check your child's current AR points below by clicking on the Renaissance Server and logging in with your child's Ren Learn username and password. Just ask them. Students need 14 points by the end of this 9 weeks. This is part of their reading grade.
- Please make sure to check RDS for your child's grades! Report cards will not be sent home.
Staying In Contact.......
- The best way to reach me is through e-mail. A link to my e-mail address is listed below. I always try to respond promptly, but please understand that a response might not be sent until the next day due to the fact that I am either busy teaching, planning, or in meetings.
- You can always call the school. The number is listed below. At the end of the school day is the best way to reach me by phone. I am at the school until 3:15 Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. On Friday I am at the school until 3:00. Wednesdays I can only take phone calls until 2:15 because I will be in teacher meetings.
- Please make sure to sign up for Class Dojo. More information will be given about this at Open House. This program keeps track of positive and negative behaviors of the children in school throughout the day and I will also send short reminders about upcoming tests, quizzes, homework, class news, field trips, etc......
- Also check out my Twitter page. Just click on the link below!
Please know that I am always here to work with you and your children. My goal for all of my students and parents is to have a successful year in 3rd grade! I am always willing to talk! Communication is key!