University Elementary at La Fiesta
March 1-5, 2021 - Principal Lunde's Weekly Update
Next Steps for Returning to School
Every week there are updates around the reopening of school sites and families need to pause and think about what decision is best for the family and the student. In one household, one decisions may be different from one child to the next. Listen to the recent CRPUSD Town Hall meetings where topics were discussed around hybrid models, safety protocols, addressing academic and social emotional needs of students, and much more.
The tentative dates shared for reopening schools using a hybrid model for elementary age students are:
- April 12 for TK-2
- April 19 for 3-5
There will be school tours during the week of March 29 to support students and families knowing how to be on campus safely.Please complete the CRPUSD Hybrid Return Spring 2021 GoogleForm so that UELF can coordinate hybrid schedules, site visits for safety protocols, plus address your questions and concerns as you ponder this decision. Here's what I know, there is a focus on meeting student needs through flexibility and communication.
I recognize there is a spectrum of ideas, opinions, and needs in our UELF community around the return to school. I ask you to:
1) focus on the needs of your child (academic, social emotional, physical)
2) work with your teacher to address these needs
3) analyze what is working and what is challenging for your family right now
During Mrs. Lunde's Weekly Family Check-Ins, every Thursday at 4:30pm, I am providing updates around returning to school and the group discusses questions and concerns relevant to our site. Call or email Christina Lunde, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or just want to talk and have someone listen to you. I am here to support your child and you.
UELF Variety Show
Do you juggle? Play an instrument? Create media stories? Tell jokes?
Sign up to share your talent! Send in your permission slip as soon as you can so we can add you to the list of performers. Video clips, which must be 2 minutes ore LESS are due to Mrs. Lunde by Monday, March 8. There will be goodies for all students in the March 12 Supply Bag for viewing the Variety Show Premier on Wednesday, March 17. See you on the stage!
Join UELF Site Council
Curious to be part of the conversation around where UELF is now and where we want to be? Have you wondered how funds are used for school programs? Would you like to look at data points collected to identify school goals and actions to take to meet those goals?
School Site Council is for YOU!
School Site Council:
- Meets 5 times a year for an hour
- Collaborates on the Single Plan for Student Achievement
- Discusses and agrees upon the Safety Plan
- Reviews school site data around academics, behaviors, attendance
- Reviews school structure functions and purposes
- Is a balanced team of staff and parents
Interested? Reach out to Ms. Lunde, Ms. Barksdale, or Ms. Lara.
Book Fair! Read-A-Thon! Yes!
Kick-Off Assembly-3/2 @ 12pm - Sip your hot chocolate!
Read-A-Thon-3/2-3/19 - Fill out your tally forms!
Virtual Book Fair-3/8-3/21 - Get lots of books!
Character Eye Mask Spirit Day - 3/12 - Look in your Supply Bag!
Reading challenges! Raffle prizes! Participation prizes!
- Take Mrs. Lunde's Reading Challenge....Read 60 minutes or more a day!
READ! READ! READ!
- UELF has a garden educator that works with students on a weekly basis
- classrooms integrate the garden into units of inquiry
- every child gets to participate in the garden
- the garden is dynamic, it reflects the interests of the children who attend UELF
Support the garden today by donating $40 or what you can to the garden.