Become a Dalai Lama Fellow!
Social Innovation, Ethics & Contemplative Values
A Social Innovation Fellowship for Young Egyptians
We are calling globally-minded citizens who want to build a more harmonious, peaceful, and sustainable world. Propose a year-long Compassion-in-Action project - a project that addresses a need or challenge in your community - and join an international network of Fellows who are committed to social change rooted in secular ethics, contemplative values, and compassion.
As a Fellow, you:
- Design and launch a project to address a significant challenge in a community in Egypt;
- Attend the Ethical Leadership Assembly (ELA) in June near San Francisco, USA, to connect with Fellows from around the world and to deepen your leadership capacity;
- Receive up to $5,000 in funding for your project; and,
Participate in a distinctive, year-long curriculum with ongoing, personalized coaching.
Learn more about Fellowship journey on our website.
This year, our program is seeking proposals for year-long Compassion-in-Action projects that will improve well-being while working across differences at the intersection of justice, peace, and ecology.
We are interested in supporting efforts that will strengthen unlikely alliances and improve well-being in locations where economic impoverishment, violence and/or discord, and ecological degradation intersect. Ideal projects will have layers that respond to each of these intersecting challenges.
To apply: http://bit.ly/DLFApp2015 (Deadline: January 31, 2015 @ 6:00 p.m. GMT)
Between the ages of 21 and 30;
- Living in Egypt and proposing a social change project that is primarily based in Egypt;
- Able to attend an application "boot camp" hosted by Nahdet el Mahrousa to help you refine your application and project;
- Able to attend the Ethical Leadership Assembly (ELA) in the San Francisco Bay Area from June 11-18, 2015 and again in June 2016;
Available to engage with the Tilling the Soil curriculum and refine the proposed compassion-in-action project beginning March 1st, both through self-guided learning and conversations with Dalai Lama Fellows Program Directors;
Prepared to dedicate sufficient time and energy to the project, the year-long Ethical Leadership curriculum, and the Dalai Lama Fellows community.
Dalai Lama Fellows, a distinctive, secular global program personally authorized by His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, envisions and works towards a world that tends to the good of the whole as well as of the individual. We do this by guiding a global network of young social entrepreneurs to deepen their effectiveness by merging innovation with secular ethics, contemplative values, and compassion.