High School Eagle Update
We are now done with another week here at MHS. Please make sure you are checking your student's grades. We want to make sure we can be proactive in supporting all of our students, and with your help, we can. To continue to build layers of support for students, we will be specifically carving out more academic enrichment time into Flex bell. Three weeks out of the quarter will be strictly for academic support and enrichment. This will give everyone a better chance to monitor our student's progress.
"It takes two flints to make a fire." – Louisa May Alcott.
On the Horizon
November 17 from 300-630 PM.
VETERANS DAY SPEAKERS
Milford High School would be honored to have veterans come in to speak with students in recognition of Veterans Day on Monday, November 14, 2022. We chose this day so that you can attend events in our school district. If you are a veteran or know a veteran who would like to attend, please fill out the attached form.
In preparation for winter weather in the upcoming months, we will be sending a TEST call, text, and email next week. If you do not receive it, please email email@example.com and include your name, associated student name, preferred email, and preferred mobile phone number.
Update from Superintendent John Spieser
October 28, 2022
Please take a minute to watch this edition of the Milford Schools Super60. All the news you need in about 60 seconds! https://youtu.be/ybdtpHsWQ3I
Superintendent Spieser covers:
- Our HS drama students are excited to open the production of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- We hope you can join us this weekend and next -- it's spooky and fun and the perfect production for Halloween!
- Tickets are $12 and we will have an ASL interpreted performance
- Get tickets and additional information: https://www.milfordschools.org/milford-high-school/drama-department-30/drama-38/
- This week, we launched our annual Treats for Troops drive
- We will be collecting donations at schools now through November 4 (no chocolate please! It melts when shipped!)
- Get a complete list of recommended items to donate: https://bit.ly/2022Treats4TroopsMilford
- All the boxes will be presented at the 11/10 board meeting in honor of Veterans Day
- We want to make our community aware of a wonderful program through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Children from birth to age 5 can get a free book mailed to their home each month
- Learn more and sign up through the Clermont County Library: https://clermontlibrary.org/imagination-library/
- Reading at home is critical to early literacy and this is an easy and fun way to get engaged with your kids and reading
- Halloween festivities start this weekend, including Trick-or-Treat and Halloween events at several of our elementary schools today
- We hope you have a safe and fun time at parties and trunk-or-treating this weekend, as well as on Monday for the Milford community Trick-or-Treat
MEVSD Staff, here are some weekly MHS athletic announcements/updates. Make it a great rest of your week!
1) VOTE FOR HASKINS & ROBINSON FOR ENQUIRER ATHLETES OF THE WEEK
Eagle Nation; a pair of our student-athletes have been nominated for Cincinnati Enquirer weekly awards. Click here to vote for boys soccer senior Nick Haskins and volleyball senior Campbell Robinson now through 4pm on Friday!
2) VOTE FOR WEBSTER FOR TRI-STATE FOOTBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Milford Football fans; senior RB Natwan Webster has been nominated for Tristate Football Player of the Week. Click here to vote hourly for Natwan. Hurry, the polls close at Noon on Wednesday!
3) ECC ATHLETES OF THE WEEK: Congrats to our ECC Athletes of the Week (Week of 10/24/22)
Ella Hyott & Lizzie Fight (Girls Soccer)
Sam Crawford (Boys Soccer)
Cam Livingston & Luke Ray (Football)
4) FALL SPORTS NOTABLE HIGHLIGHTS:
Both our boys and girls water polo teams won their last games of the season and finished 5th overall in the SW Region! The guys beat Mason 15-12 in a gutsy effort, while the ladies beat Walnut Hills 13-10 to end their season with a positive result!
Our guys soccer team fell in a back and forth match to Lakota East 4-3 in the District-Semi's this past Monday. They ended the season with a record of 15-4-1 (most wins since their Elite 8 state run in 2019) and compiled another fantastic season!
Our girls volleyball team lost a heartbreaker to Kings last night 3-2 in 5 sets. The ladies finished with an amazing record of 21-4 (most wins since 1997) and the seniors won 77 varsity matches in 4 years!
Our girls soccer team won a tough match up with rival West Clermont last night 3-2 and will play this Saturday 10/29 7:00pm vs. Springboro @ Lakota West HS. We are hoping to offer some free student tickets and possibly a fan bus. Stay tuned for details!
Our 8-2 Eagles have earned a #7 seed and will HOST a home playoff game this Friday 10/28 vs. Western Hills at Eagle Stadium Powered by Cullen Electric.
Theme: Country Club (no student passes accepted for this game since its an OHSAA playoff game)
The boys varsity cross country team qualified for Regionals for the first time since 2007! They will run at 3:00pm this Saturday 10/29 in the Regional Championships at Troy High School!
ALL TOURNAMENT TICKETS MUST BE BOUGHT ONLINE AT: https://www.ohsaa.org/tickets
***NO PASSES ARE ACCEPTED FOR OHSAA TOURNAMENT GAME/EVENTS***
5) FALL PORTS WEEKLY SCHEDULE: (10/26 to 11/13)
6) WINTER MHS SPORTS TRYOUT INFORMATION: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17c_3gMrebHKxgXzudWAr3OR45ZVqosKR09y8jTX5vxg/edit?usp=sharing
Many MHS winter sports tryouts are quickly approaching! Make sure you sign up on Final Forms and contact the coach if you plan on coming out. Also, you need to be fully registered (all green) on Final Forms and have an updated sports physical before you can tryout.
Important Links for the 22-23 School Year
Use Pay Schools to pay for lunches, school fees, sport participation fees, and more!
Click on this link to learn how to sign up and get started!
School Lunches 22-23
For those that don’t know, school breakfast and lunch will no longer be free in the fall of 2022 in all states except California and Maine (these two have continued the program). If you think your student qualifies for free or reduced lunch, you will need to fill out an application with the school district. And remember, if your student gets free or reduced lunch, they also get free or reduced breakfast. When the form is available (August 1st) for 22-23, it will be posted here.
Milford School District has partnered with FinalForms, to enable parents/guardians to complete their child’s forms online. Click here to update your child's information if anything has changed from last year! This is the tool you use to keep all family and student information up to date throughout the school year.
Milford's Transportation Department will share bus routes electronically via ELinks.
- MEVSD parents use your child's student ID number for both the username and password.
- Click on “work with students.”
- Click on “view my students.”
- Click on your “student's name” to view transportation record.
*The system is still being updated for the 2022-2023 school year and may not yet be accurate or up-to-date.
We encourage you to have these forms filled out over the summer prior to the beginning of next school year. If you wish to drop off medication and permission forms for next school year, the clinic will be open beginning August 9th , 2021 daily from 8am-2pm.
Patty Price BSN, RN, LSN
Stefanie Flynn BSN, RN
ATHLETICS & EXTRACURRICULARS
For information about athletics, please access these sites to find information and contacts.
Milford High School Athletic website
Milford High School Band website
Milford High School Choir website
Milford Engineering website
Director of Athletics - Mr. Aaron Zupka
Director of Extracurriculars - Mr. Josh Kauffman
Click these links to access the district website and the calendar page with dates for the 2022-2023 School Year!
High School Twitter Accounts to Follow
Milford Schools - @Milford_Schools
Mr. Spieser (MEVSD Superintendent) - @Milford_Super
Dr. Arnold (MHS Principal) - @Dr_Tyler_Arnold
Mr. Yeager (NGC Associate Principal) - @MrDYeager
Mr. Haluga (MHS Assistant Principal - 10th) - @MHS_Haluga
Mrs. Kauffman (MHS Assistant Principal - 12th) - @MHS_KKauffman
Mr. Carter (MHS Assistant Principal - 11th) - @MHS_Carter
Mr. Hatfield (Milford Academy Principal) - @MHS_SuccessAcad
Milford Athletics - @Milford_Eagles
Proud Principal of Milford High School Every Kid Every Day
Location: 1 Eagles Way, Milford, OH 45150, USA