Average is OFFICIALLY over!
Improve Your Eagle RREPPP
It is time to kick-off our PBIS Program. Again, that purpose of this program is to focus on the students that are doing the right thing and focus on positive behavior rather than negative behaviors. We will be focusing on a desired behaviors in specific areas within our school via lesson plans during Homeroom, intercom announcements, posters in the hallways, door decorating contest, and other ways to get the word out.
Please remember it is not only a school-wide expectation that everyone fully participates, but a district expectation as well. We want to ensure that our students "Improve their Eagle RREPP."
As you see students displaying the desired behaviors in the focused areas, reward them by giving them a "Caught ya Rreppin'" ticket.
Our PBIS committee has been working hard to ensure we have a productive and effective PBIS program. We thank them for their hours of service.
A special thanks to all who participated in the Freshman Goal-Setting Conferences. A total of 65 students were seen.
Also, thanks to the RTI/PST Committees that met last week as well. Do not forget to document the interventions used.
Have a great week of teaching and learning!!!
Going on this Week!
- We are kicking off our PBIS program.
- 8 Caught ya Rreppin' tickets have been placed in your mailboxes. These tickets are to be issued to students that are caught displaying the desired behaviors in the hallway, restrooms, cafeteria, etc.
- The tickets can be used by students to recoup for prizes and rewards.
- Our five PBIS expectations are: Responsible, Respectful, Engaged, Punctual, and Prepared (RREPP).
- To help kick-off our PBIS program, we will have a mandatory door decorating contest. All doors should be decorated. Please decorate your door using the 5 expectations listed above. Our PBIS Motto is: Improve your Eagle R.R.E.P.P. Please get your homeroom students to decorate your door between February 1-8, 2016.
Data Meetings this Week
Data meetings will be held this week for the following departments:
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
- Guidance 10:30-11:10
- PE 12:40-1:20
Friday, February 5, 2016
- Foreign Language - 10:10-10:50
- Business - 10:50-11:30
- Student Services - 2:00-2:40
Faculty Meeting on Wednesday
We will have faculty meeting on Wednesday in the Library at 3:30.
Senior Meeting during Homeroom on Wednesday, February 3
There will be a Senior Meeting concerning the Work Keys Assessment on Wednesday beginning at 9:45 until 10:15 in the auditorium.
ASVAB Testing on February 4.
ASVAB Testing for Juniors and Senior will be in the Auditorium beginning at 8:00.
Second Semester New Student Welcome and Orientation
We will be having our New Student Welcome and Orientation for new students to Columbia on Wednesday, February 3 at 2:40 in the Library.
UAB STEM Students to Birmingham
- Freshman UAB STEM Students will travel to Birmingham on Friday, February 5.
Save the Dates
February 6 - AP Practice Exam Session at Columbia (Postponed from January 23)
February 8 - Progress Reports Go Home
February 9 - Work Keys Assessment for all Seniors in the morning.
February 9-12- Area Basketball Tournament at Columbia
February 11 - Seniors Have Heart Luncheon in Library
February 16 - Club and Organization Group Pictures
February 25 - Senior Panoramic Photo in Small Gym
February 26 - Black History Program
February 27 - I-register Event at VBC