HYMAN FINE NEWS FLASH
March 4, 2023
Dear Hyman Fine Families,
What an exciting week we had returning from February break. Even with the snow day our Read Across America celebrations were a HUGE success. It was so much fun seeing the students and staff in their comfy clothes and their favorite book character costumes.
In addition to our week long reading celebration we held our Kindergarten Info Night for incoming students and families. Thank you to all of the staff that helped make this night a success for HFES. Thank you to all of the families that joined us as well. I look forward to having you as part of the HFES community.
We also celebrated Around the World at Hyman Fine this past Friday evening. WHAT an amazing turnout. We have such amazing staff and community member at HFES. I am absolutely blown away by the event, the attendance, the staff, and the families that donated their time to make the night such an amazing experience. THANK YOU to everyone that came out to spend time with us.
Important Information about MassHealth and SNAP Benefits:
In response to the COVID-19, MassHealth put protections in place that prevented members’ MassHealth coverage ending, and qualifying Massachusetts households began to receive extra SNAP at the beginning of each month to buy food. Due to recent action by the federal government, these protections and extra benefits will be ending soon. Please visit the Welcome Center website for more information on what you can do now.
2 - Kindergarten Information Night 6:30PM - 7:30PM
3 - Around The World at Hyman Fine 6:00PM - 8:00PM
6 - Prismatic Laser Light Show - During school day
7 - A Night to Discover - 6:00PM - 7:30PM AHS
9 - PTO Meeting
16 - Grade 2 Show 6:30 PM
22 - PTO - BLISS DINE In or Out
24 - Early Release Day - 12:25 PM
24 - Someone Special Dance 6:00PM - 8:00PM
29 - Grade 4 performs at AHS 6:00PM
3, 4 - MCAS - Grade 4 ELA
5, 6 - MCAS - Grade 3 ELA
7 - No School - Good Friday
14 - Early Release Day - 12:25 PM
17-21 No School - Spring Break
May 4: Grade 3 Show 6:30 PM
May 25: Grade 4 show 6:30 PM
Have a great week,
PTO - Update
PTO Announcements & Updates:
1) Special thanks to Mrs. Lemieux, Mrs. Bedrosian and the Hyman Fine staff and families who participated in and attended Around the World at Hyman Fine. It was an exciting night of music, dance, sports, arts and crafts representing cultures from around the globe!
2) The PTO is pleased to financially support the Laser School Assembly on March 6th. We hope the students and staff enjoy it!
3) The PTO recently purchased 290 individual whiteboards to help with instruction in multiple grade levels.
4) The PTO also purchased more reading incentive prizes. Students - keep reading at home and return your calendar each month to your teacher!
5) The Someone Special Dance is March 24th! Flyers were sent home in folders. Tickets are $10 per student AND accompanying adult (checks payable to Hyman Fine PTO). Please note - students' siblings who are not enrolled at Hyman Fine are not eligible to attend the dance.
6) The PTO is in need of volunteers to assist with Teacher Appreciation Week (May 1-5). Please sign up to volunteer.
Next PTO Meeting: April 6, 6:00pm
Questions? Email: email@example.com
Make sure to like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hymanfineelementaryschoolpto where you can find updates on all PTO events, meetings, fundraisers, HF spirit wear, and school related information.
2022 - 2023 PTO Board Members:
Co-Presidents: Jenn Rosa and Ben Chalot
Vice President: Ashley Niland
Co-Secretaries: Bonnie Standring and Michelle Lewin
Co-Treasurers: Denise Desrosiers and Kelli Costa
APS Welcome Center & Community Flyers
APS Welcome Center
All APS Community Fliers can be found within the Welcome Center website. To view this week’s fliers, including information from throughout Attleboro please visit the Welcome Center webpage or click here for current fliers.
FYI - 2022 - 2023 MCAS DATES
2022-2023 MCAS DATES
Families with students in grades 3 and 4 - please note the dates below.ELA:
Grade 4 - April 3,4
Grade 3 - April 5,6
Grade 4 - May 8, 9
Grade 3 - May 10, 11
Rooms Communication App
You may notice that an additional button, called Rooms, will be visible at the bottom right of our Attleboro Public Schools mobile app. This button is part of our integrated system of communication and will allow for your child’s teachers/coaches/and other staff to share detailed information (assignments, special events, practice schedules, etc.). More information is forthcoming.
In addition to downloading the app, guardians will need to set up their accounts. This can be done by going to the link contained in the email sent to all guardians yesterday (and following the directions)
If you haven’t already done so, please download the APS app designed for mobile devices.
Download for Android - Android
Download for iPhone - Apple/Iphone