Fourth Grade Summer School
Mrs. Kunels/Mr. Coen
- Reader's Workshop - We continued reading many books about environmental issues and tracking how characters were responding to these issues, whereby relating character response to the emerging themes in multiple texts.
- P.E. - Students played several games to practice dribbling, control, and teamwork.
- Music - Students identified the names of the notes on the treble clef by doing several hands-on activities and technology.
- Writer's Workshop - We are continuing to study how to structure an essay. Students worked to develop a strong thesis statement and reasons that support their thesis.
- Math Workshop - We used models (arrays), the expanded algorithm, and the standard algorithm to solve multiplication problems .
- Art - Students learned about the foreground, middle ground, and background of paintings. They also created a value scale in order to prepare for their landscape painting this week.