English as a Second Language
Teacher and Student Resources - One Stop Shop
It all starts with the ELPS!!
How do I incorporate the ELPS in my lessons?
- Texas Gateway - this site has some great courses for ELPS implementation and EL support in your content area
- Reach out - we can get some one-on-one support for you locally or from the Region 7 service center
Check out these upcoming Region 7 Workshops
Sheltered Instruction - 11/07 & 12/03
Review your student's previous year TELPAS results.
Eduphoria →Aware→Students(search for your student)→Test and Scores
**if you search ESL (Program: ESL) all of your ELs will populate
- Drill down to see how they did in each domain - Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
Additional resources to help increase English proficiency and prepare students for TELPAS
- Andy Adams - ESL Tech Tools Site
- Imagine Language and Literacy (for grades PK-4 and Newcomers)
- Google Docs - Voice Typing (under Tools)
- Google Sheets - Voice Type Speaker Notes (under Tools)
- Translate in Google Sheets
- TestNav - Practice Tests (installed on Chromebooks) - go through the practice site yourself so you can see what the student has to complete
High Leverages Lessons - Listen, Speak, Read, Write
Students do most of the speaking
Insist students ALWAYS speak in complete sentences
Remember, always have high expectations!