Breakfast Recipe 1
Waffles with Ham and Egg
- 1 thick slices Canadian bacon or deli ham
- 1 eggs
- 1 frozen wholegrain waffles
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Parsley (optional)
1.Heat a nonstick skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Coat with a bit of olive oil cooking spray and cook the Canadian bacon for a few minutes on each side, until well browned. Remove. Coat the same pan with a bit more spray and cook the eggs (2 at a time, if you must; avoid overcrowding the pan) sunny side up until the whites have set but the yolks are still runny.
2.In the meantime, toast the waffles. Top each toasted waffle with a slice of meat, a drizzle of maple syrup, a sprinkle of Cheddar, and the warm fried eggs. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley (if using).
Breakfast Recipe 2
Original recipe makes 5 servings
- 5 large strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cantaloupe, cut into balls or cubes
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 20 skewers
1.)Thread the strawberries, cantaloupe, banana and apple pieces alternately onto skewers, placing at least 2 pieces of fruit on each skewer. Arrange the fruit skewers decoratively on a serving platter.
Lunch/Dinner Recipe 1
- 9oz-12oz / 250g-350g gluten free macaroni pasta
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes OR ¼ cup fresh parley, chopped
- 1½ cups cauliflower OR white beans (eg. cannellini)
- 1½ cups sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup nutritional yeast (nooch)
- ¾ cup almond milk OR no-chicken stock
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- ½ tsp paprika
- Optional veggies: steamed broccoli, kale or peas
1.)In a medium pot and steamer bring water to a boil. Steam sweet potato and cauliflower until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
2.)Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain.
3.)While pasta is cooking, add everything except the pasta and parsley to a blender and blend until smooth (I use a Vitamix).
4.)Combine cooked pasta, blender cheese sauce, and parsley in the pot or a large bowl.
Lunch/Dinner Recipe 2
Turkey and Cheese Panini
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto
- 8 (1-ounce) thin slices sourdough bread
- 8 ounces sliced cooked turkey breast
- 2 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices tomato
- Cooking spray
1.)Combine mayonnaise and pesto, stirring well. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each of 4 bread slices; top each slice with 2 ounces turkey, 1/2 ounce cheese, and 2 tomato slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
2.)Preheat grill pan or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add sandwiches to pan; top with another heavy skillet. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Dessert Recipe 1
Greek Yogurt Fudge Pops
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups 1-percent milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
1.)Put the chocolate chips into a medium glass mixing bowl. Set aside.
2.)Combine the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the cocoa is dissolved and the mixture comes to a simmer, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour the milk mixture over the chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk gently until all the chocolate is melted. Whisk in the yogurt until smooth and blended, then cool completely.
3.)Divide the mixture evenly among eight popsicle molds (about 1/3 cup per pop) and freeze until solid, at least 5 hours. (They'll keep up to a month.) Just before serving, briefly run the molds under hot water to release the pops