4K P.M. Class
January 22, 2015
We will be starting a new "positive" behavior chart/routine working with the Raptor Way. Each child will still have a pocket of their own on our chart. Instead, of having green, yellow, and red strips...the children will earn Raptor Tickets when we catch them using the Raptor Way. Ask your child how many Raptor Tickets they have earned each day (good behavior throughout the day equals many tickets.) At the end of the week, you will receive a slip with your child's weekly amount of tickets. The children will have the option to put their tickets into the school drawing or buy small prizes/treats from me. I will continue to make phone calls/emails for behaviors if needed. This is a transition to help them understand the process when they are in Kindergarten next year.
Parent Involvement Opportunities...
- TUESDAY, Jan 27 @ Central Library
- Craft 5:30-7:30 pm Storytime 6:30 pm
- 3rd Annual Teddy Bear Pajama Party & Bears Only Sleepover
- You and your teddy bear (or other stuffed toy) are invited to drop in for crafts and activities including stories and songs at 6:30 pm. Choose a library bear, put a nametag on it, and leave it at the library for a bears only “sleep-over.” Photos of the bears’ overnighter will be shown at the Thursday, Jan 29 storytimes and on the library website.
Letter M Activities:
- Look for the moon.
- Play a game with marbles.
- Put marshmallows on a toothpick.
- Experiment with magnets.
- Find where you live on a map.
- Take mail to the mailbox.
- Count and talk about money.
- Make muffins.
- Read a book about monkeys.
Please bring a show and tell object that starts with the letter Mm on Thursday, January 29th.
Pull and Peel Licorice Activity
At community Circle, the children used a piece of licorice and thought of many creative ideas. Look below at some of their ideas. Try this at home with a spaghetti noddle, string, pipe cleaner, etc.