Pacific Ridge Principal's Update
Monday, November 6th, 2023
- Wednesday, November 8th ~ Early Release @ 1:30 PM
- Friday, November 10th ~ No School ~ Veteran's Day
- Friday, November 17th ~ 5:30-7:30 PM: Harvest Festival *Volunteers Needed! More details below.
- Wednesday, November 22nd - Friday, November 24th ~ No School ~ Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 1st ~ No School ~ Report Card Grading Day
Calendars ~ Seaside School District
School & District Handbooks
Oregon's Kid Governor
Congrats to Phebe!
Each year as part of learning about government our 5th graders participate in Oregon's Kid Governor. A big congratulations to Phebe in Ms. DeBartolo's 5th Grade class!
There are 7 final candidates in the running for the Statewide Election for Oregon’s Kid Governor! The candidates have created campaign videos outlining why they want to be the 2024 Oregon Kid Governor, what leadership qualities they have, what community issue is important to them, and a three-point plan on how Oregon 5th graders can make a difference around the issue.
5th graders across Oregon will vote THIS week!
The candidates and their platform topics are below and you can click each to watch the video.
- Baseem—Community Issue: Finding Friendship in Schools
- Kaayva—Community Issue: Plastic Pollution is Hurting the Environment
- Lydia— Community Issue: Conserve and Protect Oregon’s Resources
- Phebe—Community Issue: Endangered Species
- Remy—Community issue: Discrimination
- Shaurya—Community issue: Prevent Racism
- Zoya—Community issue: Creating Mental Health Awareness in Kids
Good attendance is the foundation of a successful educational journey
Attendance matters! There's a very strong correlation between good attendance and success in school. On the other hand, students who regularly miss school are also more likely to struggle in school.
It is our goal for our students to be at school 90% or more days for the entire school year. During the first week of November we will be having an attendance themed Spirit Week, coming to school everyday matters!
If your family is in need of support to help with attendance, please reach out to our Family Liaison or one of our school counselors. We're here to help!
Claire Penrod, PreK-5th Family Liaison email@example.com
Anna Martinez, K-2nd School Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaile Jones, 3rd-5th School Counselor, email@example.com
Pacific Ridge Parent Teacher Organization
A Message from our PTO
Are you interested in joining our Parent Teacher Organization?
- Save the Date for Upcoming meetings: Nov. 14th at 7pm
- November 17th ~ Fall Festival *See below for details and opportunities to volunteer
Are you looking for a way to help PTO without Volunteering?
Can't make the meetings, but still want to be involved? Please fill out the google form at this link! It's going to be a great Year!
If you are new to volunteering, our district requires a background check.
- Here’s the link to the background check online form
Fall Festival Volunteers Needed
Our PTO is looking for help with our Fall Festival, on Friday, November 17th in the evening. If you're interested please Sign-up HERE!
To volunteer in the Seaside School District, applicants must complete a background screening and agree to the following Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Click HERE to complete your background check: Please note that background checks typically take 1-2 weeks to process.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
- I will sign in at the school office upon arrival.
- I will wear/show volunteer identification whenever I am volunteering in a school.
- I will follow the directions of the building principals, teachers, and other appropriate staff; I will ask for clarification if I have questions about school/district policy or rules.
- I understand that volunteers are role models for students and I will conduct myself in a professional, respectful manner at all times.
- I understand that when I volunteer my full attention is needed; I will not bring non-student children with me when I volunteer.
- I will be a good listener and will encourage students with positive words and comments. I understand that it is not a volunteer’s job to discipline students and will inform school staff immediately if discipline issues arise.
- I will share with teachers and/or school administrators any concerns that I may have in regard to student welfare and/or safety.
- I will use only adult bathroom facilities.
- I understand that Seaside School District has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion of all students. I will uphold district policies and values while volunteering. I will not share my personal or political views with students while volunteering.
- I will be dependable and on time; I will communicate with the school/teacher if I am unable to volunteer on my regular day/time.
- I will not possess or use tobacco/nicotine products, or be under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or illegal drugs on school property or during school events off campus.
- I understand that while volunteering I may learn private or sensitive information about students, families, or staff. I will keep information about students and/or staff confidential, except to carry out my volunteer duties or as outlined in this code of conduct.
- I will protect myself, and students, by always working within view of a school staff member.
- I will refrain from touching or hugging students, even if the student is the one who initiates the physical contact.
- I will silence my cell phone and refrain from use of my cell phone when volunteering.
- I will notify the School District Office immediately if I am arrested for a misdemeanor or felony sex, drug, assault or weapon related offense.
- Thank you for volunteering in our schools!
Come join the fun
Save the date!
What? Fall Festival *see flyer belowWhen? Friday, November 17th
Time? 5:30-7:30 PM
Where? Pacific Ridge Elementary (cafeteria, hallway & gym)
Free meal for thanksgiving &/or volunteer opportunity!
The annual Community Thanksgiving Meal hosted jointly by the Sunset Empire Park & Recreation District, Helping Hands and the Sunset Park & Rec Foundation is offered to anyone in the community in need of a hot meal on Thanksgiving day (November 23) and served from 12-2pm with to-go food available.
They are also in need of community volunteers and some food donations to help make this event happen. If you’d like to volunteer or donate, please fill out this link: https://forms.gle/PoUXoxRNRfy3VeFh7.
Pacific Ridge Elementary Book Nook Donation 2023-2024
Please help us to keep books in their hands by considering a donation to the Pacific Ridge Book Nook for the 2023-2024 school year. Thank you for your support! Donate here.
McKinney Vento ~ Homeless Program Info.
Celebrations at School
Birthday & Treats
Birthdays are celebrated collectively in the classroom with one time per month to honor all the birthdays of the month.
Please contact your child's teacher if you wish to contribute a healthy snack to the class monthly celebration. Healthy snacks are preferred over cupcakes or other sugary snacks.
Frozen Fruit Bars
Snack mixes of cereal and dried fruit
Raisins and other dried fruit
Crackers or healthier cookies
BIRTHDAY PARTIES OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL:
If you wish to pass out birthday party invitations at school, we ask that all students in your child’s class be included.
Lost & Found
Shoes That Fit
Is your child in need of new shoes?
Thanks to a generous donation from our friends at Rack Room Shoes, and a program called "Shoes that Fit," we will be able to provide new shoes to our Preschool through 5th Grade students who attend Pacific Ridge and are in need of a new pair of shoes!
If your child is in need of a new pair of shoes, please complete the form below by Friday, January 27th. We will collect requests in the order they are submitted and purchase shoes in that order as well. Shoes will be purchased by our Pacific Ridge staff. We will do our best to purchase requested styles, but cannot guarantee a specific shoe.
Laundry Love's FREE winter clothes & blanket give away!
Does your family need winter clothes and blankets?
Come to Laundry Love's event on Saturday, November 12th, from 9 am-12pm at Seaside Laundry on Roosevelt Drive. For more information call (541) 580-6734. We hope to see you there! Donations are welcome too. Drop off at Pacific Ridge Elementary front office.
Does your family need help paying for laundry services?
Does your family need food for the weekends? We can help!
Pacific Ridge Families:
When children are hungry, they aren't able to focus on the job of learning. The Food4Kids Seaside Program is available to help! This program is designed for children who attend Pacific Ridge Elementary School and may not have enough food on the weekends. The volunteers at Food4Kids provide a backpack or bag filled with food on the last school day before each weekend. Students will bring this food home from school on Fridays.
If you have more than one child in need of a food bag, please fill out this form for each child.