PawSome Library News
Gene Pike Library February News
Pike Students to Particpate in Techno Expo @ Byron Nelson High School
More than 50 of our students at Pike MS School will be showcasing their use of technology in the classroom at Techno Expo on February 28. Students will present a variety of tools such as Voki, Prezi, Animoto, StoryBird, Pixton, and many other innovative Web 2.0 tools with their projects.
LOVE That Book!
Celebrate Valentine's Day by sharing your favorite book in the library display. All hearts will be on display for everyone to see your favorite book. On February 15th all the hearts will be gathered and put into a raffle for prizes. Join the Love That Book celebration. This project was initiated, designed, and promoted by the library student aides and volunteers.
Scholastic Book Fair March 4-6
15 Book Challenge
Dates for Your Calendar
January 31st - 15 Book Challenge database closes
February 8th - Faculty Book Club to discuss The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy
February 15th - 15 Book Challenge celebration
February 28th - NISD Techno Expo at Byron Nelson
March 4-6 - Scholastic Book Fair
May 14th - 25 Book Challenge field trip to the Frisco RoughRiders
Check out the Pike library aides' "Panther Picks"
Top 10 Library Books Checked out in January
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: the Third Wheel by Jeff Kinney
3. Matched by Allyson Condie
4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
6. Bone by Jeff Smith
7. The Final Hour: the Last Homelanders by Andrew Klavan
8. Heart to Heart by Lurlene McDaniel
9. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
10. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins