Parks Press for Parents
Rosa Parks/Millbrook ISSDA
March 22-26, 2021
- Our tough seasons prepare us for fresh, new beginnings
- We can always begin again
- We can be our own kind of beautiful
Be refreshed by what Spring brings and sings.
Your Parks Principal
#BePrepared: Round 5 Face-to-Face Instruction Begins Monday, March 22, 2021
We are excited to welcome our scholars back into The Parks. Teachers and staff have been working tirelessly to ensure the best safety measures are in place as our students return for face-to-face instruction. Teachers, students, have worked hard establishing and following protocols for a healthy and safe learning environment at school. You have elected for your child to return to campus on Monday, March 22, 2020 for face-to-face learning. We ask that you follow our district procedures to prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. This includes:
1. Daily self-screening for your child. (See form and guidelines on the button below.)
2. Wear face mask and face shield. (PPE).
3. Wash hands appropriately and use hand sanitizer.
4. Follow social distancing guidelines.
4. Bring fully charged technology devices and charger daily.
5. Bring school supplies and any issued textbooks.
6. Adhere to the district’s dress code standard. Be in uniform.
7. Touchless water fountains have been installed. Students may bring a water bottle for personal use.
Please know that having elected Face-to-Face instruction, you will ensure regular daily attendance. At anytime, you may change back to virtual instruction, but you do not have the option to randomly keep your students home for a few days and return them Face-to-Face in the middle of this instructional period. Of course if your student experiences symptoms, we ask you to keep them home, and contact the school nurse.
If you have changed your mind about your student returning for face to face instruction on Monday, March 22, please email campus administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the image below for a refresher on student sign-in to district technology.
Doors Open 7:30 am (Screening and breakfast in the classroom 7:30-8:00.)
Students cannot be dropped off and left unattended at the school. They must be checked in by staff. Failure to comply with this will result in us pursuing support with regards to child negligence.
School begins at 8:00 am and ends at 3:50 pm.
Pick up students promptly at dismissal time. Students must be picked up by 4:00p.m.
Be sure you have your RPM-issued hangtag for a safe and smooth dismissal process.
Students will not be released to individuals who are not on your documented contact list.
Face masks are required to be work inn the classroom and when moving throughout the building. Please ensure your childs wears a clean washable face to school each day. We do have disposable masks for students who need a replacement during the day.
Students are expected to be in school uniform daily. Uniforms consist of red, white, or blue collared shirts with khaki, navy, or black bottoms. Belts are also required. See the LISD Student Handbook for further details on the student dress code.
Students are required to wear face shield in the classroom and when moving throughout the building. Face Shields will be provided for each student.
Parents, we need to hear from you. If you have not done so already, please click on the image below to register your family of the RPM family stem Night. We need this information to prepare your materials. Thank you.
- Scholars are expected to be on time to their classes. Morning instruction begins promptly at 8:00a.m. Ensure students are on time by logging in by 7:50a.m.
- School uniforms are not required during online learning, however attire must be appropriate. No pajamas or head gear allowed.
- All cameras are required to be on during virtual classes.
- Persistent misbehavior/classroom disruptions will not be tolerated.
- Remain muted until asked to un-mute.
Entry Point 1 – Parent Drop Off: Parents will drive through the parking lot car drive. Students will have their temperature taken before leaving the car. Students who clear the temperature check will proceed to Checkpoint 2 (cafeteria doors) for sanitizing and masking.
Entry Point 2 - Bus Riders/Day Care/Walkers:
Buses and Day Care Vans will enter the front circle drive. Bus and day care riders will have a temperature check upon exiting the bus.
Walkers must follow the social distancing guidelines and will stop at the designated temperature checkpoint. Students who clear the temperature check will proceed to Checkpoint 2 for sanitizing and masking.
The use of our new CurbSmart dismissal tool has enhanced our school dismissal process, ensuring a safe dismissal for all students in a timely manner.
Be advised of the following rules and procedures:
- You’ll be issued a hangtag with a number.
- Display this hangtag in your vehicle’s dashboard so it is clearly visible for entry by the administrator.
- Enter the Car Drive according to the following:
- Orange Lane - Siblings/Carpool Pickup
- Black Lane - Individual Student Pickup
Parents whose students are beginning Face-to-Face, please complete the Student Transportation Survey linked below to inform us of your child will be getting home each day.
Click here for access to the required reporting form if your child or someone in your home is lab confirmed, has had close contact, or is experience COVIS-19 symptoms. We also ask that you contact our school nurse at 972-218-1564.
March 22 School resumes (Wear clean face masks. Make sure devices are charged.)
March 23 4th Grade Parent Meeting (STAAR Writing 12:45p.m. or 6:00p.m.)
March 24 National Elementary Honor Society Induction Ceremony
March 25 L.E.A.D Assembly (4th/5th Grade Boys)
March 26 RPM Family #BeSTEM Night Materials Pick-up
March 27 Saturday Learning @The Parks (Grade 3-5)
March 30 RPM Family #BeSTEM Night
April - Poetry Month
April 6 STAAR Writing 4th Grade (All testing is administered face-to-face.)
April 5-9 Assistant Principal Appreciation Week
April 8 In-N-Out Burger @The Parks
April 10 Saturday Learning @The Parks
April 12-16 Career Week
April 17 Saturday Learning @TheParks
April 22 Earth Day
April 24 Saturday Learning @The Parks
May 1 Saturday Learning @The Parks
May 8 Saturday Learning @The Parks
Yvonne M. Thornton
Rosa Parks/Millbrook Information Systems & Software Design Academy
Building Children, Character, and Community Everyday
“A hundred years from now it will not matter, what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove; but the world would be different because I was important in the life of a child.”