Getting Started at GlobalEdCon 2014
Participate in a free and online conference!
Step 1: Join Our Community
Join our conference community to receive conference updates. It's a great place to network with other global educators and to share educational resources.
The dates for this year's event are November 17-21, 2014 which coincides with International Education Week.
The conference takes place entirely online for five days and our community is active year round with continuing conversations and sharing of resources. We encourage you to participate and have volunteers available to help . If you have any questions, please post them in our conference chat on the front page of our community. You can also follow the conference backchannel on Twitter using the hashtag #globaled14.
Step 2: Review the Conference Schedule
- Find your time zone and click on the blue link highlighted in yellow (example: GMT-6) . You will then see a Google Calendar for your time zone. (FYI, You can add a particular event or the entire calendar to your own Google calendar if you use this tool.)
- Click on a session title to expand the event. You will see a full description and a link to the virtual room where your particular chosen session will take place.
Step 3: Enter a Conference Session
- First time users should make sure that their computer is prepared to launch Blackboard Collaborate.
- Click on a link to a presentation that you would like to attend (around the designated start time) as mentioned in Step 2. This will launch Blackboard Collaborate.
- If you are on a Mac, you may have to run an extra launcher application. See this documentation for more information.
- (Note that when you launch Blackboard Collaborate, it downloads a file to wherever you designate your downloads to be downloaded on your computer. You may have to click on that file to launch the session.)
- Enter your name into the Login box and click Login. This process take a minute or two.
Step 4: Participate in a Conference Session
Remember, that all sessions are recorded and you will be able to review these recordings shortly after the live event has taken place. They will be posted in our online community indefinitely. Keynote recordings will be uploaded to our YouTube channel.
Step 5: Post-Conference Activities
If you would like to receive one certificate for attending the Global Education Conference, you need to do TWO things. 1) You must submit a request this using this form. This form will not be active until the conference is completed. 2) You must write a blog post reflecting on one of the sessions you attended. Full details about this certificate program are available here.
View the conference schedule in your own time zone. Find the links to the Blackboard Collaborate webinar rooms where sessions will take place. You can also add conference events to your own calendar as well.
Read all about our distinguished invited keynote speakers from around the world. Another amazing line up thought leaders are joining us this year!
This a community subgroup for presenters that contains important information including our presenters' checklist: http://goo.gl/sGNSb.
This is a direct link to the chat room that you see on the front page of our conference community web site. You can ask questions here or in the virtual conference lounge.
Drop into our virtual conference lounge if you need help or have questions.
Requests for certificates must be made by December , 2014 and will be posted by January 1, 2015. Directions must be followed precisely.
If you have having technical issues, please refer to this documentation and browse Blackboard Collaborate's support portal: http://goo.gl/14dTNX.