Minidoka County School District
Week of September 8-11
...small things matter...
September 8-Admin Meeting 7:30 AM
September 8- Gifted and Talented Meeting-Elementary 9:00
September 8- Migrant Parent Meeting 6:00 PM (DSC)
September 9- District Math Assessment K-2
September 10-New Administrator Workshop 1:00-3:00
September 15-Technology Committee Meeting
September 17-Constitution Day
September 17-New Teacher Mentor Session 4:00-5:00 (DSC)
Just a Reminder...
- Turn in Residency Questionnaire forms to Federal Programs by September 9
- Let Ashley know when ISAT scores have been sent home to parents
- The Parenting with Love and Logic class is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, September 8. So far, we do not have anyone signed up to take the class. Any help you can provide in getting the word out would be appreciated.
Federal Programs Info
Business Office Reminders
1. Petty Cash reimbursements due first Friday of month.
2. Sales Tax due to district by the 8th of the month.
3. Invoices due by the 11th in order to be paid this month.
4. Travel PO's need entered and reimbursement forms turned in by the 8th of this month in order to be paid on the board meeting.
80% of Success is Showing Up
IDEA Part B Funds must be used only to pay the excess costs of providing special education services. The funds are to supplement and not supplant state, local and Federal funds. In keeping with allowable uses, paraprofessionals funded from Part B have a maximum of 6.5 hours per day with only 2 exceptions (one is student specific and the other is to cover extra clerical work at Minico tied to secondary transition requirements). Paraprofessionals must work under the supervision of an appropriately licensed special education teacher. Lunch and recess duties may be covered by these para professionals but they would not be available for bus duties.