Week of April 20th - Online Learning Week 4
As we transition some of our traditional practices, I wanted to draw your attention to the links below that will allow us to begin planning for the 2020-2021 school year. Please take a few minutes to complete the Google Form linked below to help inform our enrollment numbers for the upcoming school year.
After completing the enrollment survey please read the letter linked below to learn more about class placement practices at McClure Elementary.
We are excited to continue working along side our parents and families as we seek provide the highest levels of learning experiences and opportunities for our McClure Marshal students.
Join us for "live" announcements each morning at 8AM on Facebook Live
Robot Recycling Project
From MISD Health Services
We wanted to remind you of the websites available for COVID 19 information:
Information from the CDC on Coronavirus in the United States can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Coronavirus in Texas may be found at: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/.
The World Health Organization may be found at: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/
The City of McKinney https://www.mckinneytexas.org/2256/Coronavirus-COVID-19
The following information is not an all-inclusive list of telemedicine sites and resources, but rather resources that have reached out to the MISD nurses with information to assist families.
Drive through testing sites https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/testing.aspx
McKinney Texas COVID19 hotline 972-547-9000
Medicaid/CHIP application https://www.texaschildrenshealthplan.org/what-we-offer/chip
Childrens Health virtual visits https://www.childrens.com/covid-19/for-patient-families/online-screening
Family Health Center at Virginia Parkway telemedicine 214-618-5600
Urgent care for Kids https://urgentcarekids.com/pediatric-telemedicine-for-kids/
211 may also be called for help with food, rent, utilities and community services
Here are also some asthma specific resources:
Digital Teaching and Learning
For digital learning, students will access the Seesaw and Canvas platforms through the McKinney ISD SSO link https://sso.mckinneyisd.net/
A parent support site, MISD Parent e-Learning Resources, has been created to assist families during digital learning with helpful information related to Seesaw, Canvas and other resources.
For Issues with Single-Sign-On (SSO) and Learning Management Systems Seesaw & Canvas:
To reset SSO passwords, email the campus Media Resource Specialist Amanda Hamilton at email@example.com with your request.
Visit the McClure Home Learning Links page for resource passwords and additional campus-specific support documents.
For Issues with Parent HAC Accounts
Any parents who do not know their username and/or password need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include student name and campus in the email.
For Student Support with Laptops and Access
If a student needs help during this time or needs a laptop for distance learning, we ask that they emailStudentHelp@mckinneyisd.net. This is for 1:1 High School students and any K-8 students that received a loaner via one of the deployments or need one. Students should email their name, student id, campus, telephone number and a detailed description of the problem/request.
- Technology Staff will strive to support the students over the phone or by remote control.
- If a student needs to be physically present to take care of their issue, whether that is for repair, replacement or issuing a loaner, AN APPOINTMENT MUST BE MADE WITH TECHNOLOGY. Please email@example.com. Appointments will only be made between the hours of 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday. The student will be assigned a time to come to RON POE STADIUM TICKET BOOTH to meet with a technician.
- Please attend your appointment alone if at all possible. Friends and parents will be asked to wait in the car or away from the ticket booth while the student is at his appointment.
Additional Resources for Students/Parents
In addition, there are many great resources being shared and compiled. We have added additional links here:
Thank you Mrs. Hamilton for sharing these resources. Families can access this site all year long!
Sign Up for Text Message Updates from McClure Elementary
Breakfast is served at 7:30AM - 7:50AM
Tardy bell rings at 8:00AM and morning announcements begin
Dismissal bell rings at 3:00PM
Shop & Support McClure Elementary
This year McClure Elementary is excited to be partnering with a fun, free, and truly easy fundraiser called Shoparoo! Schools nationwide are already earning hundreds and even thousands every year through Shoparoo and it’s a great opportunity for us to really make a difference this year!
Shoparoo is school fundraising made easy: the free app turns pictures of your everyday shopping receipts into cash donations and sweepstakes entries for our school! Yep, it’s that simple. No more cutting labels, selling door to door, or time-consuming coordinating. All you have to do is shop as you normally do, snap pictures of your receipts with the app, and voila Just shop, snap, earn!
Get started today:
1. Download the free Shoparoo app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
2. Select McClure Elementary from the list and start taking pictures of your receipts - shop anywhere, buy anything!
3. You can even select a grade to support and have fun with grade competitions!
There’s no limit to how much money we can raise with Shoparoo - the more supporters, the more we will raise for our school. Schools with just 40 supporters are earning an average of $1,000 every year. That’s free, easy money that we could be fundraising too. Check out shoparoo.com to learn more about this awesome app!
Thank you for your support!
In an abundance of caution and concern for the health and well-being of our students and staff, the district is canceling all field trips for the remainder of the year. Even if we are able to return to school before the end of the semester, kids will have already missed too much face-to-face instruction for us to be able to justify field trips. McClure Elementary will begin working to issue (checks) refunds to parents that have paid for field trips that have yet to occur. Thank you for your patience during this process.
- The 10 Year Celebration - Cancelled
- Special Olympics - Cancelled
- Human Growth & Development (4th and 5th Grade) will not be shown as scheduled to students - More information to come from Nurse Jessica.
- 3rd-5th grade GT students will follow their normal Alpha schedule so that they continue to receive instruction from the GT teachers
- April 13th - PACK week(s) begins from a distance. Stay tuned for more information...
- April 22nd - Earth Day