with Mrs. Drayton
Dutch Fork Elementary The Academy of Environmental Sciences, Title I
VIP Folders & Reminders
- weekly work
- PTO store information (optional)
- Affixes Quiz 10 Friday, 12/1
- December Reading Goal Sheet due Friday 12/1
- PTO Holiday Store, open 12/4-12/8 (Drayton Homeroom on 12/8 @ 10 am)
- MAP Winter Testing Tuesday & Wednesday 12/5 & 12/6
- Field Trip to Harbison State Forest Thursday 12/7
- Interims Go Home Friday 12/8
- November/December Reading Goal Sheet due Thursday 12/14
- Winter Party Friday 12/15
*We are continuing with our nonfiction reading and writing units. Please be certain your reader continues to try out strategies to make sense of the text he or she is reading.
Please email your child's homeroom teacher if you are interested in being a chaperone for the Harbison Forest field trip!
Harbison State Forest Field Trip
MAP Standardized Testing Information
5th grade Winter MAP testing begins Tuesday, 12/5 and ends on Wednesday, 12/6.
Here are a few testing tips:
- Testing will begin promptly at 8:00 AM each day. Be sure your child is well-rested and
arrives on time.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy and filling breakfast.
- Students are not permitted to have any electronic devices during testing. This includes cell phones, calculators and watches with alarms.
- Encourage your child to do his/her best on both days of testing.
- Eliminate pressure and send them off with a hug and a smile!
- No HW on the nights before testing.
Crafting a Summary
- main idea(s) and/or central idea
- supporting details (evidence)
- leave out personal opinions
- evidence based language
Invitation: Try out a read-in at home! Turn off the electronics, get some great snacks, and cuddle up with your books for a couple of hours. It may just be the break you need.