School Board Update
July 27, 2021
Agenda for the July 29, 2021 School Board Meeting
The agenda for the July 29 School Board Meeting is posted on BoardDocs at:
https://www.boarddocs.com/vsba/arlington/Board.nsf/vpublic?open. Subject to change.
Meetings are available for viewing live on the APS website and broadcast on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon FIOS Channel 41.
A. CLOSED MEETING – 5:30 PM
B. REGULAR MEETING OPENING
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Superintendent’s Announcements and Updates
C. CONSENT ITEMS:
2. Personnel Actions
3. Letter of Agreement with the Friends of the Planetarium
4. Langston School and Community Center Deed of Easement with Arlington County for Fire Station 8
D. MONITORING ITEMS:
1. Advisory Council on Teaching and Learning Annual Report
E. ACTION ITEMS: If needed
F. INFORMATION ITEMS:
1. Revision of School Board Policy I-18.104.22.168 Extracurricular and Co-Curricular Activities
2. Revision of School Board Policy I-22.214.171.124 Addition of New Sports Teams
3. Proposed New School Board Policy J-13 Physical Interventions for Students in Crisis
G. NEW BUSINESS:
Next Meeting: August 12
Arlington County Public Health Division COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Scheduling
Arlington County’s Public Health Division is offering free walk ins and scheduled appointments to individuals 12 and up. View schedule at https://www.arlingtonva.us/covid-19/vaccines/registration/
Please note: Children 17 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to receive their free COVID-19 vaccine.
Back-to-School Town Halls with the Superintendent
More details will be provided on the Engage webpage in July.
School Board Open Office Hours
The School Board does not host Open Office Hours over the summer. The schedule and information about the format for Open Office Hours for the 2021-2022 school year will be posted in late August at https://www.apsva.us/contact-the-school-board/open-office-hours/.