~U.S. History~ Weekly Update
~Ms. Dunn's HST302A, 8th Grade History~
This week in history....
- September 28, 1995 - Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Palestine Liberation Organization leader Yasser Arafat signed an accord at the White House establishing Palestinian self-rule in the West Bank.
- September 29- Birthday - Nuclear physicist Enrico Fermi (1901-1954) was born in Rome. While teaching at the University of Chicago, he developed a method of causing nuclear fission, producing a chain reaction releasing explosive nuclear energy which led to the development of the Atomic bombs.
- September 30, 1955 - Actor James Dean was killed in a car crash in California at age 24. Although he made just three major films, Rebel Without a Cause, East of Eden and Giant, he remains one of the most influential actors.
- October 1, 1908 - Henry Ford's Model T, a "universal car" designed for the masses, went on sale for the first time.
- October 2, 1968 - California's Redwood National Park was established. Redwoods are the tallest of all trees, growing up to 400 feet (120 meters) during a lifetime that can span 2,000 years.
When we have class...
Be sure to check your plan/calendar in our course. The lessons scheduled for each day will match up with what we are covering in class.
Notes from the Syllabus
- Computer-Graded retakes will be at the discretion of the teacher & may require additional preparation from the student (as approved by the teacher).
- Teacher-Graded assignments may be reworked for an improved grade and will be at the discretion of the teacher.
- A reworked assignment does not adhere to the 72 hour grading turnaround policy.
Every time you enter the course and before completing any classwork,
- Read any announcements I posted since the last time you entered the course.
- Review the Calendar to see what lessons and assignments you are to complete that day.
- Complete all lessons and assignments (both graded and nongraded) as indicated on the Class Plan before the end of the day.
- Submit assignments to me through the Dropbox tool, unless they are scored by the computer. Assignments sent by K-Mail will not be accepted unless you’ve made prior arrangements with me.
- Post questions to the Raise Your Hand area and return later for the answer.
Kmailing Ms. Dunn: Please kmail me under my teacher account, not my administrator account.
- All class recordings can be found on the file below.
- Select the tab at the bottom to find your specific class time.
Respondus LockDown Browser
Tutorial Video: http://viewpure.com/8QnHKQOlNvA
Student Guides and additional tutorials have been posted in our locker.
Ph: 616-309-1600, ext. 1626.
Ph: (734) 237-8394 (You may call or text me at this number.) If you text me, please let me know it is you!