Published November 17th
Staff Spirit Days
Monday: Black Friday Attire
Tuesday: Dress Like Your Favorite Relative
This Week's Meetings
Monday: ELA Unit Planning Day, Faculty Circle After School
Tuesday: Science Unit Planning Day Social Studies PLC after school
Thursday: Math Unit Planning Day
Friday: Sped PLC Day/Data Meetings
Upcoming Planning Meetings
UNIT PLANNING DAYS
ELA: November 18th
Science: November 19th
Math: November 21st
Sped: November 22nd
Social Studies: November 25th
December 3: Dissecting Questions--Staff PD
December 4: Dissecting Questions--Implementation Day in Tutorial
December 5: Dissecting Questions--Staff Data Disaggregation/Calibration of Practice
December 10: Behavior PLC
December 11: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
December 12: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
December 18: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
December 19: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
Vertical Team PLCs Goals
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).
- Discussion of the CASE data analysis.
- Eye-opening to look at writing for another grade.
- Discussion about science collaborating with the math teachers to emphasize the math for the unit that's also used in science.
- Need to practice timed writing. Kids are not handling timed writings well.
- Need to practice giving kids a set amount of space to put their answer in.
- Work skills report--will do like we did last year though Google Form.
- Behavior adjustments to make: Full school reward, visiting classrooms to unveil new BF, adjusting points
- Teams need to identify what they would like the PTSO to purchase for them this year
- ipads and doc cameras are ordered for those who requested them
- Based on CASE data, going to begin giving kids CASE questions to dissect and answer weekly and score together.
- Also looking for other ways to up the rigor into the DOK 2 and 3 levels.