Mrs. Ralston's Grade One Newsletter
Important Upcoming Dates
- Friday, May 6 - 1:30 am dismissal (remember to pack a snack; return Star Homework and Word Sort baggie).
- Thursday, May 12 - Pizza Hut fun lunch for those who preordered online (Order by May 9)
- Friday, May 13- 1:30 am dismissal (remember to pack a snack; return Star Homework and Word Sort baggie).
- Thursday, May 19 - Aspen Grove Showcase
- Friday, May 20- 1:30 am dismissal (remember to pack a snack; return Star Homework and Word Sort baggie).
- Monday, May 23 - No school for staff and students for the Victoria Day holiday.
- Thursday, May 26 - Hot Dog/Menchie's Fun Lunch for those who preordered online (Order by May 23)
- Thursday, June 9 - Press'd Fun Lunch for those who preordered online (order by June 6)
Fun Lunch: MunchaLunch is available to order until the Monday before fun lunch at midnight. Ex. May 9th @ midnight is cut off for May 12th fun lunch and so on. All of the lunches for the rest of the year are posted on the MunchaLunch website and are available to order. If you haven't yet signed up for the program it's a quick and easy set up, only takes a few minutes.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to email email@example.com
Trees: Your child came home with a tree today in honor of Arbor Day. We have been learning about trees all week, and their importance to mankind and our earth. All the instructions for planting your tree are located on the bag the tree came home in. As long as the tree is planted by the weekend it should do well. Even planting it in a pot until you are able to put it in a more desired location is suitable. If you are unable to plant your tree, please bring it back to me as I will gladly plant it at our lake cabin.
1) Sight Words: Our Sight Word of the week was "because". Please feel free to add this word to your weekly star homework practice activities.
2) Science: As I'm sure your child has already shared, we are incubating and hatching ducklings in our classroom this year. The students were very excited to learn about our 12 eggs and discover what is developing inside. Ask your child what they have learned so far about our eggs...only 24 more days until they start hatching!
A Glimpse Into Our Classroom...
Khaled and his buddy enjoying the "Horses" backpack
Nicole and her buddy having fun with the "Bugs and Butterfly" backpack
Jaelyn and her buddy were very into the math game from their "Penguin" backpack