Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ December 22
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
As you gather with families over the coming days, please know that the staff at Lakeview considers you part of our extended family. We embrace all students and work in partnership with families to raise the next generation. Our hopes don't just extend into 2023. Together, we are raising children that will graduate from college sometime in the late 2030's and take their position as leaders in our society for 50+ years after that. Pretty amazing!
This would be a great chance to express your thanks to any staff member at Lakeview by submitting a ROAR award for a teacher, paraprofessional, secretary, custodian, or food service worker. Those simple gestures mean a lot to our staff. See below to submit a ROAR award.
Roar Awards for Lakeview Staff
Homework for December 22 (Virtual day)
January Calendar Reminders
Want to give your child a reason to be excited to come back to school? Tell him or her that the pies that Mr. Sepersky escaped because of the snow day will be thrown on our very first day back from school. Those "Pride Perks" coupons will be put to use right away, and your child will not want to miss it!
Wednesday, January 11
Monday, January 16
No School for staff or students - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day
Friday, January 20
Bucks Attendance Challenge - Update
226 of our Lakeview students were on time every day from December 5 through 21 (78% of students were on time every day). Only 62 students were ever late to school those 3 weeks. We did draw the name of a student that was never tardy during those 3 weeks and the PTO graciously donated 2 tickets to the January 16 Bucks game.
Even in the months of cold and messy weather ahead, we ask that families make sure that students are here on time every day. If you are coming to the front door, your student is probably late to school. Come to the playground starting at 8:15 and enter through these doors to make sure your child is on time every day:
4K - Door 6
Mrs. Henneberry's 5K - Door 10
Ms. Lund's 5K - Door 9
1st grade - Door 11
2nd & 3rd grades - Door 5
4th & 5th grades - Door 7
More events in 2023
January 16 - PTO Bucks game
February 2 - PTO Dance at Lakeview featuring raffle baskets
February 10 - STEAM Night (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
Feb 22 & 23 - PTO Book fair during conferences
March 22 - Lakeview Concert (5K-5th grades), 6:30 p.m. at the high school
April 13 - PTO Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament
May 1-5 - Teacher Appreciation Week - May 1-5
June 6 - 5th grade recognition from 6-7 p.m. in the Lakeview gym
Golden Lions this week
Here are the Lakeview Golden Lions for this week. We had 8 examples of being safe, respectful, and engaged. We also had hundreds of Pride Perks coupons given out for smaller, respectful actions!
• Alterriah has been doing such a wonderful job of working with her math partner. Her leadership skills have really emerged in this partnership. She makes sure to get the work done while being in this partnership. She also helps her partner quite a bit. Keep it up Alterriah!
• Emiliano was completely engaged in his Reading. He stayed focused on his book the entire time.
• Some legos spilled on the floor during Art class. Izzy spent extra time helping Ms. DH clean up all the legos, before using her Table Center tools. Thank you for your kind help, Izzy!
• Delloyd wrote, edited and then recorded himself reading his nonfiction book about Penguins on Seesaw. He worked hard! His recording didn’t work the first time and he had to start all over again. He did a great job staying engaged and handled the rework with a positive attitude. Way to persevere, Delloyd! You should be proud!
• Nathan was really proud when he solved a puzzle on ST Math. Way to stay engaged!
Keep working hard, Nathan!
• Autumn did a fantastic job working hard with me last week! Way to go, Autumn!
• Laila did a great job working hard with me during some assessments. Way to go, Laila!
• Anastasia was so engaged during a holiday craft. She completed her craft, and then willingly helped out a peer who needed help completing her craft! Way to go, Anastasia! Keep up the hard work and kindness!