Digital Resources for Open House
Provided by the FBISD Digital Learning Department
Sign-Up Genius www.signupgenius.com
Use Sign-Up Genius to set up and organize teacher conferences.
Create a mini-video about yourself and/or classroom expectations.
Google Forms www.google.com
Collect information from parents and students.
- For long URL's, use a URL shortner- goo.gl
Share parent access details and usage expectations with parents.
Generate QR codes with helpful information:
- Place QR Code outside of the classroom linking to course syllabus, teacher webpage, etc.
- Create a message that reads…Hello! I am so pleased to be teaching ___________at ______________ school! Please feel free to contact me at any time! My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, my phone # is ________and more…
- Create a QR Code Scavenger Hunt for parents and/or students on accessing library digital resources.
- QR Easy http://qreasy.com
- QR Stuff www.qrstuff.com
- QR Voice http://qrvoice.net
- Delivr http://www.delivr.com
- Bulk QR Code Generator http://www.qrexplore.com/generate/
VBrick/Tunein2.fortbendisd.com: Want to give all your parents a personal message in the classroom? Using your broadcast studio or a video camera to record a message that can be played in the classroom through Tunein2 gives that personal touch to each parent as you welcome them to your school. Or, instead of a video message, prepare a PowerPoint that can be streamed from your encoder allowing teachers to use their projectors to broadcast the announcements you’d like to convey.
Atomic Learning www.atomiclearning.com/k12/en/login/fortbend
Share resources and parent access information.
Prepare a list of Apps that you will be using with your students and share with parents.