TICS Monday Memo
Week of May 22, 2023
Motivational Moment: This is our Jordan (#23) year which stands for greatness and positivity through love/support for each other.
Thirty-seventh Week of Instruction
- Attendance must be completed during each period daily (2nd Period Attendance will be completed on the roster outside your door daily). Please refrain from completing attendance afterschool due to reconciliation transpiring.
- Power Up Incentive Winners (The homeroom in each grade level that has the highest percentage will receive a Pizza party)
- i-Ready Incentive Winners
- NIE (Non-instructional staff) evaluations will be closed out by this Friday.
- Closeout Procedures will begin with signatures this week. (Mr. Hill will visit each individual teacher regarding room placement on Monday, May 22nd)
- End of the Year Dance will be held on Tuesday, May 23rd during 8th Period.
- 7th Grade activities will be held on Thursday, May 25th & Friday, 26th.
- 6th Grade activities will be held on Wednesday, May 24th & Thursday, May 25th.
If you have any questions, please reach out to administration.
- Naviance is taking place in all grade levels, the counselors will communicate updates as needed.
- Re-Think implementation on this Wednesday during 6th Period Intervention for 6th & 7th grade.
Teacher/Staff of the Month
Teacher of the Month: ESL/SPED Department
Staff of the Month: C. Herrod
N.B.A. Attendance (Never Been Absent)
We launched our Homeroom Wars regarding attendance. The homeroom with the highest percentage of students who attend school on-time daily will receive the First-Class Seat trophy and a special incentive for your homeroom class only.
- The Quarter 2 Winner is... 6th (Mr. Joyner), 7th (Mr. Frazier), and 8th (Ms. A. Taylor)
- The Quarter 3 Winner is... 6th (Mr. Hale), 7th (Ms. Broadway), and 8th (Mr. Farmer)
- Faculty Meeting will be held on Wednesday at 3:35pm.
- PLC Meetings will be held on Thursday during your planning time.
Safety and Security
- Do not prop any side doors open at any time.
- Doors must remain locked from the outside at all times.
- Door stoppers cannot be used during instructional time.
- Do not open the main school door or side door without asking, how may I help you?
The "Faculty Handbook" session was very engaging during in-service week, but please utilize as a reference throughout the school year. TMS Faculty Handbook 2022-23.pdf
- 95% attendance rate.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Positive interactions with all stakeholders.
- Keep accurate records for grading/attendance via PowerSchool and Power Teacher Pro.
- Collaboration with the administration, faculty, and staff to remain solution oriented.
- Be on time for duty post assignments and monitor your areas closely.
- Dress Professionally. We want to model the expectation for students. Jeans may ONLY be worn on Fridays with Treadwell shirts. Special Dress Down days for Special events will also occur throughout the year.
The "Electric" ELA department will have duty this week.
If you must leave campus during lunch or planning, you must text or call Mr. Hill directly for approval. When granted permission to leave, you must sign-out on RAPTOR (front entrance) and when you return, please sign back in.
Reminder:At the end of your after-school duty, all faculty and staff members will be expected to sign out on RAPTOR at the front entrance only.
Reporting Absences (Teachers)
Teachers are responsible for calling in their absences into the Smart Find system. Please put your absence in as early as possible. If you need a code for the system, please call 416-2700 to get your code.
If you realize you cannot attend work the following day, between 9:00 pm the night before and 5:00 am that morning, you must put the absence in the Smart Find system. After that process has been completed, call Mr. Hill and leave a voicemail. Next, send a text to Mr. Hill, Mrs. C. Williams, and Ms. P. McKinney.
Well Child Physicals will be done this week.