Should middle school students have those tests done?
A drug is a medicine or other thing that has a harmful effect on someone or something. 40% of kids in 8th grade have tried alcohol and 20% have used illegal drugs in the USA. An opposing viewpoint would be that people believe kids shouldn't be drug tested because they don't think there kids wouldn't do that and they should be trusted. However testing kids for drugs could save their life.
Kids won't be able to keep their drug use a secret
- "Kids will feel scared they will be tested for drugs and won't even try drugs at all" said Dr. Alan E. Guttmacher, M.D., director of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development,
- "Often teachers don't know what going on behind there door" Said Kendra Cherry a child psychologist. "knowing what the children are doing will help teachers understand what they need to do to help the kids who need help."
Only 27 percent of parents said they have talked with their teens about using study drugs, the poll found. “If we are going to make a dent in this problem, and truly reduce the abuse of these drugs, we need parents, educators, health care professionals and all who interact with teens to be more proactive about discussing the issue,” Dr. Davis said.
Kids will stop, save there grade and there life.
- Kids wont do drugs anymore because they won't even have the courage to bring it to school because they know they will get caught.
- Drugs users feel high and look to things that relieve themselves such as relationships and chocolate just for example. When the brain cells are stimulated it allows these cells to release chemicals that makes it harder to participate in class ." says the NIH association of the USA.
They know they can't get their grades up and focus in school while on drugs so they seek adult help to save their health and grades." Said a guidance counselor and Florence hill school.
Kids are hurting their family and health.
- 90% of American middle school students report that some of their classmates are using drugs, alcohol and tobacco, a day of school in 2013 . Says the NIH association.
- It does surprise some parents that their kids are getting interested with drugs in middle school and its ruining their relationships. " My daughter has been getting into drugs which is really disappointing, we have been so distant and have lots of fights that are unbearable when shes not sober. She also has siblings that look up to her." Says carol hatthy, mother of four.
"Although substances can feel good at first, they can do a lot of harm to the body and brain. Drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco, taking illegal drugs, and sniffing glue can all cause serious damage to the human body. Some drugs can cause a person's ability to make healthy choices and decisions." Says the NIH association.