Week of May 17th - Distance Learning
Dear OLPH Families,
HAPPY SUNDAY! It is hard to believe we are wrapping up our 2019-2020 school year. This year has proven to end in a way that nobody will ever forget. As we enter into the last week of instruction I commend you, our parents. You have been faced with the challenge of not only parenting during this stressful time, but becoming an educator as well. No easy task, but you made it. I am so proud of the adjustment our students made and although there are still challenges ahead, they stayed positive and pushed through. Our teachers should be commended as well. They faced the challenge of teaching from home, some with children of their own, YIKES! But they rose to the occasion giving it their all. Thank you parents, students, staff and teachers of OLPH. I'm so proud to be apart of this school community.
Although our school year officially ends on the 26th, I will still be in communication with all of you. We still intend to have a pick up date of personal items that may have been left in the school. We will also be distributing track jerseys, registration packets and earthquake backpacks during this week and next. If your students played basketball, uniforms need to be returned.
Las Vegas and Disneyland raffle tickets are due on 5/18/20. If you need an extension to sell please let us know. The raffle will be held on Friday June 19th.
Although we plan on honoring our 8th grade graduates, I want to take this time to congratulate them. Congratulations OLPH class of 2020, you worked hard and although your year didn't end the way we assumed it would, hold your head high, smile and know you are leaving OLPH with an amazing education and Christ's love.
- May 18th- Pick-up and Drop-off (pick-up registration packets, track jerseys, earthquake backpacks)
- May 25th- Memorial Day School Closed
- May 26th- Last day of Distance Learning Instruction and last drop off. (pick-up registration packets, track jerseys, earthquake backpacks)
- May 28th & 29th- Textbook & Chromebook Drop-Off from 6-7pm (pick-up registration packets, track jerseys, earthquake backpacks)
- Lost or damaged textbooks and chromebooks will be added to end of year billing.
- June 1st final grades submitted
- Virtual end of the year awards & subject awards (week of June 8th-10th)
- ONLINE YEARBOOK SALES ARE NOW CLOSED. However you can purchase yearbooks at the school. We will have yearbooks out at this Monday's pickup and drop-off.
- We still have our off-campus phone number. Feel free to call Monday-Friday 8am-4pm (760) 574-9079
Staff remains in the office Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8am-12pm
Have an amazing week, GO ANGELS!
YEARBOOKS ARE IN!
Thank you to our YEARBOOK club, they did an amazing job! Also a big thank you to our YEARBOOK parents, we couldn't do things without our parent support. We also appreciate our Assistant Principal, Mrs. Rodriguez! Thank you for leading our YEARBOOK Club.
Questions regarding yearbooks please email email@example.com
First Communion on Hold
I know that this year was special for our families as our 3rd grade students were scheduled to make their First Communion. However First Communions have been placed on hold. We may push this sacrament into the summer. We will keep you posted as guidelines change.
Required Parent Hours and Maintenance Day
20 Hours Required- NOW only 10 Hours Required
1 Maintenance Day- If you were unable to fulfill this requirement, please contact the school to see how you can still complete.
3 Mandatory Parent Meetings- ONLY 2 parent meetings required (these are the 2 meetings that already took place before the school closure)
- As always any donations to the classroom, teachers, and overall school can be made to offset any required hours or meetings not fulfilled.
Keep Faith in the Forefront
Join our Pastor, Father Alex in the celebration of Sunday Mass
Our parish could use our help now more than ever! Be sure to continue to mail your contributions in or use their website to contribute. Thank you.
If you need a new PE Log, please feel free to download the form below. Remember these need to be turned in weekly.
Tag us on distance learning pictures @olphindio Facebook and Instagram
If you currently have your tuition payments processed by FACTS. They will remain on the same schedule.
1. MAIL US YOUR CHECK:
82-470 Bliss Ave. Indio CA 92201
please write the students name in the memo line
2. Gradelink QUICK PAY: www.gradelink.com
a). once logged in click the billing tab on your left hand side.
b). Then click make a payment, make sure to indicate what the payment is for. ex: hot lunch, extended care, tuition.
3. PAY BY PHONE- M/W/F 8am-12pm feel free to call the main office (760)347-3786
M-F 8am-4pm you can still call (760) 574-9079
Mrs. Cervantes or Mrs. C will take payments over the phone
We greatly appreciate your dedication to our school!
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF FROM 6-7PM
5/18 Monday Pick-Up and Drop-Off
you can drive-thru to drop off any completed work, and pick up any new work. If your teacher has set-up a form of digitally submitting work, you may not need to. Please check with your teachers.
REMEMBER: This is not a vacation for students. They must be completing all work and shouldn't wait to get it all done before we return. It is important to keep to a schedule.
OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP, PRAY FOR US AND BLESS OUR SCHOOL.