The Chromebook Cart Is Here!
Recommended First Steps For Using Chromebooks
- Collect signed Google Apps permission forms from each student and send to media center. Media techs will provide teachers with the student logins.
- Schedule a time to introduce the Chromebook, ideally in collaboration with Michelle Mack. The first lesson should teach care and use of Chromebooks. A lesson has already been created and can be shared if you are interested.
- Sign out the cart using the Chromebook Schedule available in Google Drive.
- Select 2 students to be Chromebook captains who are in charge of plugging in devices and returning the cart to the media center.
Google Apps Permission Form
This document was shared with you through email and Google Drive.
How Are Chromebooks Different Than Laptops?
- Provide apps for everyday tasks, and there are thousands more from the Chrome Web Store.
- Built-in cloud storage
- Security is built-in with no need to purchase anti-virus software
- 8.5 hour battery life
- 7 seconds to boot up!
- Inexpensive to purchase- $199-$250 for a basic model
Please contact me to help you get started.