Eagan High School Newsletter
Newsletter #6 October 9, 2020
Student Schedule for the Week of October 12-16, 2020 - please read carefully!
- Students in grades 11-12 who have been dismissed from their 4th or 5th period study halls will need to report to study hall, as students will not be allowed to exit and re-enter the building on the same school day.
- There will be no PAWS on these days.
- Students will follow a 5th period lunch schedule that will be posted by teachers.
- Career Development classes will follow this schedule.
Parent-Teacher Conferences for Eagan HS- Fall Trimester
Although it is a bit early for “midterms” we are offering in-progress updates for our parents/guardians, and an opportunity to connect virtually in Zoom with our teachers. Please know the following:
· All teachers will send an email to parents/guardians through Campus prior to Monday, October 12. Teachers will include a brief introduction and an update on the course in which students are enrolled. They will include the Zoom meeting room information for themselves, as the teacher.
· Parents/Guardians are expected to review, with the student, the Schoology gradebook and assignments for each course to view work completed and current status.
· Teachers will provide open Zoom meeting rooms for parents/guardians to have brief,
3-5 min. conferences, if there are questions to address. These will be Monday, October 12 from
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM and Wednesday, October 14 from 7:30 AM – 10:30 AM.
Parents/guardians will enter a waiting room in Zoom for a teacher and be admitted – please use your full name and open the video in order to be admitted.
Grading Scale for Flexible Learning Plan (2020-21) - to be used at the end of Fall Trimester
Interact Annual Coat Drive at EHS
Coat Drive! Due to the pandemic, there is an even greater need for coats this year. The EHS Interact Club is sponsoring our 9th Annual Coat Drive from October 19-23. Drop off locations will be located at both entrances to EHS. We are asking that you put your coats in a sealed plastic bag and place the bag in the drop-box. We are looking for clean, gently used coats (kids and adult sizes). Coats will be donated to a clothes closet in the community attached to a food shelf. Contact Mr. Wirsbinski for more information. There will also be a drop-box outside Mr. Wirsbinski’s classroom (Room 236).
Eagan HS is producing a Virtual Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculation”
by Don Zoldus. Directors C J Sorenson and Rebecca Sorenson are working with an all 9th grade cast to create this production. Together with Tech Director John Ratzlaff they will offer two dates for free streaming of the show. Unfortunately, we cannot have live audiences during this time. Any performances in the Arts will be filmed and produced as video streams.
We are very pleased that we can design and offer a theatre production! Please use the link on this poster to watch the show on October 22 or 23, 2020.
Free and Reduced Breakfasts and Lunches!
Your child may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals
District 196 provides healthy meals each day for all students. And your family may qualify for free or reduced-priced school meals. If you participated in this program last school year and wish to participate again this year, you must submit a new application each year.
Federal funds and school-related fees are determined with this information. The failure to complete the application could result in the loss of millions of dollars to our school system, which would negatively affect teaching and learning in a significant way.
All students in our district are currently eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch through the extension of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s free meals program, however this funding is not guaranteed long-term. It is important families who qualify for free or reduced-price meals still apply this year.
To apply, click here, or visit https://paypams.com/Applynowisd196 or call 651-683-6958 if you need assistance filling out the application.