A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of February 10, 2020
A Message From Principal Grey
Dear Grant Community,
In the last edition of the Shamrock News, I mentioned that we are celebrating Kindness Week at Grant school this week! Hopefully, you received the Kindness Checklist in your child's Friday Folder, and if not, we have extras at school for them to take home today.
At our BEST assembly last week I shared a short video with students that shows how one act of kindness can lead to so many more and have a great impact on the community. I have attached it below for you to watch as well.
We look forward to a loving week at school and many more to follow!
- Tuesday: Kindness Chains - linking acts of kindness together as classes and as a school.
- Wednesday: Colors of Kindness Day - Purple, Red and Pink to celebrate love and kindness.
- Thursday: Music, dancing & acts of kindness at lunchtime.
- Friday: Environmental Science assembly - showing kindness for the planet.
- Tuesday-Friday: Letters of Appreciation & kindness amongst students, families & teachers.
Intent to Return for the 2020-21 School Year!
It is already time to begin preparing for the 2020-2021 school year! By providing the information requested for each of your children, you are assisting us so that we may plan appropriately for the next school year. We will have a paper version of this form available in the office as well. Thank you for your support and participation!
Intent to return form for the 2020-2021 School Year
Grant Gala Auction Tickets Now on Sale!
Grant Gala Auction - Help Needed
*This event won't happen without volunteers. To see if you might be able to take on a task, please click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a094aada82ca6fc1-silver
*If you can help procure live auction items for Grant's biggest fundraiser of the year, please contact Jenny Reich at email@example.com
*Auction organizers are looking for donations of bottles of wine. if you rifle through your cellar (said in jest) and find a bottle or two of something you are willing to part with, please bring that fine wine to the office and we'll make good use of it!
Adopt-a-Book Now Through 2/22
Adopt-a-Book is a Grant school program to replenish books in the school library.
To participate, you can either:
1) Purchase a book from Mrs.Crysdale's wish list on Amazon Grant School Library Petaluma Link: http://a.co/dRC55W6
2) Send in a check to cover the cost of a new book
3) Purchase a hardcopy of one of your personal favorites
*With your monetary donation Mrs. Crysdale will purchase a book to add to the Grant School library collection on your behalf.
*If you and your child would like to donate a new copy of one of your favorite books (rather than make a cash donation), please check with Mrs. Crysdale to be sure there will not be any duplicate titles.
*All donated books should be hardcopies for durability.
Grant Elementary Library thanks you for your support and generosity!
For Questions: Contact Librarian Alice Crysdale at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA Meeting, 2/20 at 6pm
Dine & Donate - Round Table, 2/20
This is Big, Epic, Huge Even! Grant Disco Glow, 2/22
TIDE Meeting on Tuesday, 2/25 5:30-7:30 pm in the Library
Revised and Final Calendar for the 2020-2021 School Year
In the Thank You Column:
- Thank you to Ms. Shantina and Ms. Grey for helping get the word out about play practice last week. Our director is recovering!
- Many thanks to everyone who helped fill wishes on the Grant Wish Board!
- Thank you to Ms. Grey for checking in on our 6th Grade campers last week!
At A Glance
February 1-22 - Adopt-a-Book
February 12- Chorus Festival 7pm, Petaluma Junior High Gym
February 14- Valentine's Day
February 17- Washington’s holiday (NO SCHOOL)
February 20- PTA Board Meeting and Association
February 20- Dine & Donate at Round Table
February 22- The Grant Disco Glow Dance 6:30-8:30
February 25- TIDE Meeting
February 24-28- Read Across America
February 24-28-Conference week (WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE)
February 28- Dr. Seuss Birthday Bash 5:30-7:30 pm
March 7- Grant Auction
March 16-20- Spring Break
March 26- PTA Board and Association Meeting (Elections)