Over the Hump...
...midweek reminders to finish your week strong!
TUESDAY September 27, 2022
If you would like to share your praises, prayer requests, leave a comment about how you've been impacted recently or if you have a question about something you've been thinking about, please click here.
Would you like to walk with someone in the First Principles of following Jesus? Are you willing to serve the body by leading in corporate prayer, reading scripture, praying with those who come to the altar on Sundays? If so, click here.
Kidz4Christ Starts This Wednesday, September 28th
This year in Sparks, we will be starting off with the new book WingRunner for all children that are new to Sparks as well as those that have not learned to read or study on their own.
If you have any questions or are in need of a book for Kidz4Christ please direct them to your child's group leader:
- Puggles and Cubbies = Bonnie Burns
- Sparks = Susan Nowell
- T&T = Sharon Jones
The Warriors are back for the 2022 Fall Season!!!
Join us for another fun season of flag football and cheerleading starting this Thursday, September 29, 2022.
Register and fill out all forms for your child(ren) to participate and join in community and fellowship with your Crossroads families.
Register on Church Center today.
We're celebrating our 23rd anniversary with a Picnic at Armstrong Park This Sunday!!!
Join us for a BBQ Cook-Off! We currently have 3 BBQ masters. Who will join them?
We are looking for 10-15 people/teams to make a BBQ main dish to share with those in attendance. A panel of judges will judge dishes based on appearance, taste, smell and use of sauce. Prizes are awarded to the top 3.
Click here to register to be a participant in the BBQ Cook-Off.
For those not participating in the cook-off, we're asking you to bring sides and/or desserts to share.
Join us for food, games, and fellowship for the whole family.
Don't forget to bring your friends, lawn chairs, and any outdoor games you might enjoy.
We'll be celebrating at Armstrong Park at Shelter #1 (closest to the playground).
Click here to register to attend the picnic.
Trunk or Treating is Back this Fall!!!
Join us on Sun, Oct 30th for a great time of fellowship as a church family!
The event will begin @4pm, with Trunk or Treating beginning @4:30PM. THIS WILL NOT BE AN OPEN HOUSE, so please arrive early to ensure your kiddos get some candy.
We are required to put an end time to create a registration, but stay as late as you would like!
Invite your family, friends, and neighbors that might be looking for community. This is a wonderful opportunity to be a light in our city, showing what it means to live in community and love one another well.
Hotdogs, chips, and cider will be available, first come first served.
This is a fun event for the WHOLE CHURCH FAMILY - whether you have children or not!
Please register today and let us know how you plan to join in:
- Decorating a trunk?
- Bringing candy to share?
- Bringing kids to trunk or treat?
- Bringing outdoor games to play and share with others?
Prizes will be awarded following the fun for those participating in the Trunk Decorating Contest. Prize categories include:
- Best Overall
- Best Theme
- Most Creative
Crossroads Church is a People where Community Becomes Family!
Did you know?
Here is your giving report for this past week...
Philippians 4:17 ESV
Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.
Our ministry to our church family, to our community and to our global partners are all dependent on our regular weekly giving. Thank you for being faithful! May the fruitful ministry of Crossroads increase to your credit.
You see these offering reports each week because it is incumbent upon us to report to you, the Covenant Partner, how the church is doing (meaning we, the Covenant Partners) - the church to whom God has called you to responsibility and privilege.
God has provided for the needs of our church, our community, and global responsibility AND He has done so graciously through our obedience -- leveraging what we have and what we've been given to do ministry among our neighbors here in our community, in our city and around the world. #SoliDeoGloria
HELP US "COMPLETE THE KITCHEN"!
We are hoping to finish our last remodel project on the BIG HOUSE - The Kitchen.
We have currently raised $900 and need to raise an additional $11,000 to Complete The Kitchen. Maybe you could give $1000. Maybe you could give $500. Maybe you could give $100. Maybe you could give $100 for ten weeks or maybe you could give $10 for ten weeks. Everyone can do something! No gift is too small.
This will be a project from which EVERYONE will benefit. Please designate your gift to "COMPLETE THE KITCHEN" to our Building Fund.
Global Partner Spotlight
Stephanie Martin with CRU - Cote d'lvoire
- Her personal health-spiritual, emotional, physical and financial
- Her ability to help those she serves with cultural adjustments and the loneliness of being separated from immediate and close family by continents
- That she would have compassion for others
- For the management of her time and ministry
- That C2 would both personally and corporately be a blessing and encouragement to her- financially, prayerfully, and physically thru correspondence and support
Pray that the Gospel message might be loud and clear in her pulpit, in her ministries and in her life - -- so that all may hear...AND live! We ARE the Church!
Click here to read their latest update
Refuge KC ELL Volunteer Opportunities
It is VERY IMPORTANT TO US that you use the provided links to register for anything you plan to attend. When you sign up, be sure to include the number of people you plan to bring with you. Thanks so much!
Please see the following opportunities and needs and join us in any way you can! If you have any questions, please let me know!
LOVING MUSLIMS WELL - SATURDAY, OCT 1st
Please be sure to register by Thursday (9/29) so can prepare the needed amount of handouts.
What are the core beliefs of Muslims and the main stumbling blocks they have regarding the Gospel? How can you navigate spiritual conversations well, with the heart of Jesus? Join Meredith Johnson from All Nations (www.allnations.us) for a time of training with other Refuge KC volunteers for this cross-cultural training. Register here: LOVING MUSLIMS
RKC MONTHLY FELLOWSHIP -- THURSDAY, OCT 13th
Each month we invite our volunteers to spend time in prayer, worship, and fellowship over a shared meal. It is a great way to learn more about the ministry and especially about those who have been called to serve with RKC as you have! We meet at Eleos on the 2nd Thursday of most months. Our next one is Thursday, September 8th! It is important for you to register to let us know you plan to come (and how many might go with you) so that we are sure to order the right amount of food. You can register for our September and October fellowships now by going to the link: RKC FELLOWSHIP
PASTORS & MISSIONS DIRECTOR CONFERENCE - THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13th
If you are a church pastor or missions director of a local church and did not receive a registration link to our Pastors/Missions Director Conference in October, please let me know! You are most certainly invited to attend this inaugural RKC conference! The purpose of this conference is to cast our vision for the “bigger than us task” of planting churches among the nations that God has brought to Kansas City. We want to partner with your church and develop a strategy with you to best mobilize your church members who feel called to this mission field, which is an international mission call with a stateside assignment. The last date to register is Friday, September 30th.
RKC BASIC TRAINING - MULTIPLE DATES
Next Meeting: Saturday, October 22nd @ Palabra Viva
Have you taken the RKC Basic Training class? This is a requirement for all our volunteers. Please join Sterling for an interactive discussion on the resettlement process of refugees, what people groups you might find in Kansas City, and ways to interact. If you plan to attend our next training or one of our future dates, be sure to register here: RKC BASIC TRAINING
NOTE: Be sure to check the dates/times & locations, as some future dates are in person and others online.
AMBASSADOR PROGRAM INFO MEETING - MULTIPLE DATES
Next Meeting: Thursday, October 27th @ 6pm on Zoom
The Ambassador Program connects gospel-focused volunteer teams with refugee families in Kansas City so that they might come alongside them in friendship, helping them acclimate to a new culture through gospel-focused ministries of mercy. If you would like to learn more about the Ambassador program, join Carson for one of the online (Zoom) information meetings by registering here: AMBASSADOR INFO MEETING
SATURDAY ELL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Saturday ELL kicks off again this Saturday, September 10th. Look over the sign-up page for the various volunteer opportunities (and please note what time you should arrive for each role) and sign up for as many weeks as you plan to attend -- you can always cancel later if you later learn that you can't make it. Registering IN ADVANCE for the weeks you plan to serve is important so we know if we need to seek additional help from other volunteers. Please register for all the weeks you plan to serve here: SATURDAY ELL - FALL 2022
We have a need for a few donations. The items for children are for use in the children's ministry during our Saturday ELL classes. Additionally, we are asking to BORROW some coat racks (not the round pedestal, but wide ones with a pole to use hangers for the coats. We do not need to keep those, but if you have some to let us borrow, we would appreciate it. Please note the quantities listed for each item. We do not have storage space, so we can only hold the quantities requested. Please let us know that you plan to donate any of these items (and only these items -- this is not the time to bring coats) by signing up here: RKC DONATIONS
OTHER NOTEWORTHY EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
Tuesday Morning Prayer (In Person) -- every Tuesday -- Would you like to join us in person for prayer? Meet us at Eleos Coffee (3401 Independence Ave) each Tuesday morning. Prayer time is 10:00am - 11:00am in the basement of Eleos.
Wednesday Morning Prayer (Zoom) -- every Wednesday -- Would you like to join us each week for a time of prayer from the comfort of your own home? Every Wednesday morning, a prayer team hosts a time for prayer at 7:00am (CST) and would love for you to join when you can. To access the prayer meeting, log into Zoom and use meeting code: 890 1194 5314
How Can You Pray for Our Global Partners?
Have you visited our page with all of the latest updates from our Global Partners who GO and SERVE on behalf of you and your family, taking the Gospel around the world as an extension of Crossroads Church so that others may hear...AND live?
Have you talked to your children about our Global Partners and encouraged them to pray for them in your family prayer time? Click the image to our Missions page or click here.
How Can We Pray for You and Yours?
If you would like for your church family to pray for you or your family/friends...
- You can CLICK HERE to post your request in Church Center's Alerts and Reminders,
- You can CLICK HERE to post your request on our Facebook Group, OR
- You can CLICK HERE to submit a prayer request through our web form.
Requests submitted will be posted to our private Facebook Group and in C2 Alerts and Reminders Group in Church Center.
Praising God for good news for Danyel LeDoux. She will not need surgery on her broken arm! The doctor told her that he was sure she would have to have surgery and she was able to testify that she and others had been praying against it and God answered prayers! Pray that God will reveal Himself to this doctor and show him His love and goodness. Danyel is still healing.
Prayer of thanksgiving, Melissa Cunningham was able to pass her kidney stone this morning and is feeling better.
Prayer for Darless Hart, she is still waiting to find out when her surgery will happen. She needs a hip replacement. She is not walking very well right now. She is unable to attend services and had to quit serving as Child Care for MOPS. She watches services online and misses her church family.
- Continue to pray for Brenda Larrabee as she prepares for round three of experimental treatment and chemo for Stage 4 Mantle Cell Lymphoma.The results have been great, but she is in a lot of pain.
- Prayers and Praise for the continued healing of Jeff Larrabee's wrist and ankle breaks after his motorcycle accident a few weeks ago.
- Continue to pray for the Holts in their adoption journey. Here is a snippet of their post: "And here we go ... today we received our official acceptance of our application to adopt our sweet girl from Colombia! The process is currently taking an average of 10-12 months so we are hopeful to travel to bring her home next summer!"
- Continue to pray for Bob Snell (Jaclyn Whitlock's grandpa). He is on hospice in the memory care unit at a nursing home. He has lots of appointments and is having a lot of pain from a fall and vertebra fracture; they are trying to figure out the best way to help him.
- Pray for the salvation of several spouses, children, and parents related to our Crossroads family.
- Pray for the young believers at C2 who are declaring their allegiance to Jesus through baptism. Pray for the power and fruitfulness of the Holy Spirit in their lives as they begin to grow and serve and follow Him.
- Pray for the young families of our church who have had or will soon have new additions. Pray that their homes, even in the very early stages of their babies' lives, would be grounded in The Word, bathed in prayer, and surrounded by Christian community.
- Pray for Your Church. CLICK HERE for a page on our website that has a list with 24 sections, some with several sub-points. They could easily be used as a 24-Hour Prayer Guide. They are also numbered so that you can use them as a Daily Prayer Guide, praying each day of the month for the request that corresponds with the date.
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES THAT ARE COMING UP THROUGH THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!
- Tuesday, September 27th: Holy Farmers Ladies' Group Begins New Study @ 6:30PM-8PM
- Wednesday, September 28th: Kids4Christ 2022-23 Begins @ 6:30PM-8PM
- Thursday, September 29th: Warriors Flag Football and Cheerleading @ 5:30PM-6:30PM
- Sunday, October 2nd: Crossroads Anniversary Picnic and BBQ Cook-Off at Armstrong Park
- Sunday, October 9th: Crossroads Connections Luncheon @12:30
- Saturday, October 15th: Strike 4 Hunger
- Sunday, October 30th: Trunk or Treat @ 4PM-6PM
- Sunday, November 20th: The Well: Thanksgiving Edition @6pm
- Saturday, December 24th: The Well: Christmas Edition @6pm
*Dates are subject to change and more events will be added! We'll keep you informed.
CHECK OUT FRIDAY'S "C2 ESSENTIALS"
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
You can find and install Church Center in the App Store of your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: http://direction4living.com
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
- Crossroads Church - PO Box 351- Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder/Lead Pastor
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / email@example.com
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Lindsay - Pastor Darryl's Admin Assistant
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder/Worship Arts/Student Ministry Pastor
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / email@example.com
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / email@example.com
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the church DOES have a phone line for those outside the church family. We've had the line for the last 23 years, and it's good to have for the general public. However, the church line mostly attracts sales and marketing calls. As a result, it is not monitored very closely.
If you need to contact one of our Staff Pastors or Elders, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS, WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
Office Hours: 9am-3pm Monday thru Thursday
- Pastor Darryl Jones is full-time here at the church but isn’t always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Darryl and Sharon live here in “The Big House” and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl. Pastor Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency.
- Pastor Daniel Ballard is also full-time here at the church but isn't always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Daniel also takes Friday off but is, of course, available in case of emergency.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and does not keep office hours. He is self-employed and owns his own growing company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Jenny Lindsay is Pastor Darryl’s Administrative Assistant and works in the church offices during office hours.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email, and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at “The Big House.”