Creating a Blog & Unique QR Code
Let's Start with a Gmail Account!
Create a Blog
To start a blog with Blogger, visit the Blogger homepage, enter your username and password, and click Sign in. Enter a display name and accept Blogger's Terms of Service. Then click the Create a Blog link and get started!
Pick an address (URL) and a blog title. Then, choose your favorite blog template (this is how your blog will look when you publish it). Now get creative, add information to your personal profile, and customize how your blog looks
To Post to the Blog
- Click the orange pencil icon to write a new post, and enter anything you want to share with the world.
Next, you'll see the Post Editor page. Start by giving your post a title (optional), then enter the post itself:
Add an Image
Once you've selected your image, you can then choose a layout to determine how your image will appear in your post:
- The 'Left', 'Center', and 'Right' options allow you to customize the way your blog text will flow around your image.
- The 'Image size' options will determine how large the image will appear within your post.
Privacy and Permissions
By default, your blog is completely public, and can be read by anyone on the internet. However, if you want to keep it private, you can do that, too. You can change these settings on the Settings | Basic tab.
- Under the 'Blog Readers' section, you'll probably see 'Anybody' selected as the default. When you change this to 'Only these readers,' you'll get an Add Readers button.
- Click the Add Readers button and then enter the email address of a person to whom you'd like to grant access to your blog. To add multiple people, separate their addresses with commas.
- For each address entered, the Google Account associated with that address will be given access to view your blog. If an address is not associated with an account, that person will receive an invitation email with a link allowing them do one of three things:
- Sign in to an existing account.
- Create a new account.
- View your blog as a guest (no account required).
CREATING a QR CODE
- Right click the mouse button to select SAVE IMAGE AS, then save the picture of the code to your LITTLE/CLASS/PERIOD folder.
- Print one to glue in your sketchbook front inside cover.
- Print one that fits within one square inch for your teacher.