Epic Kiker Kid News- EKKN
Where Epic Kiker Kids share Epic Kiker News!
Tips From an Expert for Students interested in being ON SCREEN
We were very fortunate to have an experienced RTF (Radio, Television, Film) specialist give us some guidance!
- News Presenters need to impart ENERGY
- Presenters have to engage with the audience (he said to imagine you are talking to your very best friend)
When we are doing our PTC (news lingo for Piece To Camera) remember:
NCRBe: Natural Confident Relaxed
Thinking about these things, practice in front of a mirror or have your parents video you on their phone. Especially if you want to be in front of the camera.
WRITING THE STORY: The questions you need to answer when writing a story for the newscast.
The Five "W"s and the "H"
To write a news story you need to know five things:
Who? What? Where? When? Why? How?
Any good news story gives you answers to each of these questions. You must drill these into your brain and they must become second nature.
For example, if you wish to cover a story about a local sports team entering a competition you will need to answer these questions:
- Who is the team? Who is the coach? Who are the best players?
- What sport do they play? What is the competition?
- Where is the competition? Where does the team normally play?
- When is the competition? How long have they been practicing?
- Why are they entering this particular competition?
- How are they going to enter the competition? Do they need to fundraise? How much training and preparation is required? What will they need to do to win?