March 27th: School News
Field Day Changed to April 13th: Helpers Needed
We hope that you, or someone you know, can volunteer to help out! Please sign up below.
Students in third grade through high school will take the AzMerit assessment in April. This assessment will be computer-based. Students will be tested in ELA (writing & reading) and math.
Attendance is very important. Unless there is an emergency or your child is sick, please make sure your child is on time to school and stays until dismissal. Once your child begins a portion of the test, he/she cannot exit the test until all of the questions have been answered.
AzMerit Testing Schedule
- April 3rd Upper School Writing (5th – 8th)
- April 4th Lower School Writing (3rd- 4th)
- April 5th 8th Grade AIMS Science
- April 10th Upper School Reading & Math Part 1 (5th – 8th)
- April 11th 4th Grade Science
- April 12th Upper School Reading& Math Part 2 (5th -8th)
- April 16th Lower School Reading & Math Part 1 (3rd-4th)
- April 19th Lower School Reading & Math Part 2 (3rd- 4th)
How Parents Can Help
- Ensure your child has eaten a healthy breakfast and is rested for testing day.
- Ensure that your child arrives to school on time and stays until dismissal.
- Encourage your child to give his or her best effort and to maintain a positive attitude.
For information about the AzMerit assessment and sample tests, please visit:
For Questions, Please Contact:
Director: Kelly Pinkerton at 879-2095 or email@example.com
Lead Teacher: BJ Madsen at 879-1702 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you provide snacks for the AzMerit Testing days? If so, please sign up below:
Electives start next Tuesday:
Thank you to the following people who've volunteered to run an elective on Tuesday mornings in April from 8:30 - 10:00.
Niki Stull/Deb Bauman - Drawing/Sketching
Kelli Pendleton - Knitting
Wednesday Aparasi - Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
Stephanie Mitchell - Card and Dice Games
Lauren McCrystal - Yoga and Mindfulness
Owen Chandler - Basketball
Chuck Gentile - Photography
Lita Andrade and Emily Stevens - Cooking
Pam Bateman - Papermaking
Renee Ehler - Guide Dog Training
It's not too late! If helping with electives is something you think you can do, please let me know ASAP.
Upper School Zoo Field Trip:
Upper School Math Opening:
Are you interested in being on the CPA board? Two positions are open for the 2018/2019 school year. For more information please contact our nominating committee: Heather Morzinski, Scott Madsen or Tiffany Conine.
Also, we still have school t-shirts available in kids and adult sizes. Please let Sarah Abbott know if you would like to purchase one. They are $12 each. email@example.com
April Lunch Helpers Needed:
Civano Running Club:
Great Paper Airplane Fly-Off at Pima Air and Space:
The Pima Air and space Museum is hosting the 7th Annual Great Paper Airplane Fly-Off on Saturday, April 7, 2018! This is a great way for kids ages 6-14 to have fun and get involved in aeronautics. Please check out the link below for more information:
Mark your calendars:
- March 30th - No School due to Good Friday
- April 3rd - K-4 Electives start
- April 6th - Cross Country Resumes
- April 6th - Eighth Graders Backpacking Trip
- April 13th - Field Day
- April 19th - Upper School Field Trip to the Zoo
- April 26th - The Big Switch for Incoming Kindergarteners
- April 27th - Upper School Karaoke Party and Dance
- April 30th - Volunteer Dessert
- May 3rd - Family Science Day (details TBD)
- May 15th - 18th - 8th Grade Passages
- May 18th - School Movie and Art Showcase
- May 24th - 8th Grade Promotion
- May 25th - Last Day of School (Family Breakfast, Talent Show and Half-Day)