OES Panther Press
October 12, 2020
Thank you OES!
A HUGE thank you to our parents and families who contributed. Our Top Classes are below.
Top Pledging Classes:
Kindergarten: Conticelli (Top pledging class in school! 🎉🎉🎉)
1st Grade: Roessler
2nd Grade: Melo
3rd Grade: Kraver
4th Grade: Lucas
5th Grade: Taylor
Did not get a chance to share your pledge link or want to make a last-minute donation? You can still do that! Pledging is open for a BONUS WEEK to help us reach our goal of $50,000 for new technology, staff appreciation, and campus enhancements and we are 70% to our goal. Log in to funrun.com now to help our school!
Pledging will remain open for ONE MORE WEEK in hopes that we can get closer and meet our goal.
Please be mindful of the speed limit in school zones. Also, be aware that you can only utilize a hands-free device, while driving on school property and in a School Zone. This means texting and making calls without utilizing the hands-free option is subject to traffic citation.
Second Quarter Change Request Survey Due by October 16th
This is the final week for OES families to change your child's instructional model for Second Quarter. Our Quarter 2 Instructional Model Change Survey is below. If you are keeping the Instructional Model the same for your child, you do not need to complete the survey. If you are requesting a change from Oasis Home Connect (virtual) to Face to Face, or from Face to Face to Oasis Home Connect (virtual) complete the survey below.
For Second Quarter, we will continue our health/safety protocols: All students will wear a mask, except when eating/drinking or outside at PE/recess/other outside activities. Temperatures will be taken upon arrival every morning and another time mid-day. Students will social distance as feasible and frequent hand washing/sanitizing will be required. Please review the current Illness policy, especially with regard to time out of school when a student presents with symptoms.
Below are some important points to consider.
- Depending on the amount of students returning to campus, our ability to social distance will be limited due to increased in-person enrollment.
- In most cases, students changing instructional models will be assigned a different teacher.
- In a few cases, some students will be assigned a different teacher, even if their instructional model stays the same. (For instance, one scenario might be if there are two Home Connect teachers on a grade level and the amount of students switching to Face to Face is enough to create a new Face to Face class, one Home Connect teacher will pivot to Face to Face and the students in her Home Connect class will be reassigned to the remaining Home Connect teacher on the grade level.)
- There may be a need for a hybrid class, where a teacher has some students present on campus and some are present via live virtual instruction.
- Be sure to complete one survey per child.
- We will continue to offer Oasis Home Connect, as long as we are permitted by the state and the school district to do so.
- Survey closes on October 16th.
- You will be notified of the teacher assignment the week of October 26th.
- Changes will be effective on Monday, November 2nd.
We understand that parents consider many different issues, including family health and safety, work flexibility, student's learning style, connection/technical issues, and academic success, to make the Instructional Model choice that makes the most sense for your family.
Similarly, please know that, we also will be considering many factors for student classroom assignment, such as the health and safety of our students and staff, students' social, emotional and academic needs, as well as the capacity of each classroom.
We know this may be a difficult decision for you to make. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out.
Picture Day is Coming Soon
Picture Day is October 20th and October 21st.
Face to Face Students: Teachers will inform you of the date you will have your picture taken (either the 20th or the 21st).
Home Connect Students: Parents, please sign up your child to have their picture taken here.
This is a PRE-PAY event. All students ordering portraits must pay before going to the camera on their designated picture day. These portraits will be used for yearbook photos and students must be in uniform. You can pre-pay by clicking this link. Access code: "oasis "
If you have any questions, please contact the photographer Joe Capasso at (239)273-4977.
Red Ribbon Week
Our Amazing PTO
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR PTO FOR THEIR EFFORTS TO MAKE BOOSTERTHON SUCH A BIG SUCCESS IN THIS UNUSUAL SCHOOL YEAR!!
Congratulations to Kellie Kelly, this week's Staff Member of the Week!
If you would like to nominate one of our outstanding staff members, please use this link.
The Parent PTO Calendar is below.
Important Dates for October
10/13 Governing Board Meeting at 5:30 (The date listed was incorrect last week.)
10/20-10/21 Picture Day for Face to Face
10/20-10/22 Picture Day for Home Connect
10/30 Early Release Day and Last Day of First Quarter