Pre K 1 Newsletter
Welcome to Ms. Ashley's Pre K 1 Class
- THANK YOU to all who have filled out the Getting to know you sheets, I love reading them. I look forward to getting the rest of them!
- As you know transitions have just took place! My class went from 13 to 6, Whoa!
- Right now we are taking advantage of the small group and each child has been getting some form of one-on-one time with me. This has helped me build personal relationships with each of your children. :)
- I am currently the sole teacher in the room, however more kids will eventually turn 4 and my class will grow. Somedays you might notice other children "Visiting" as they are preparing to move up.
Let's Meet Our Pre K 1 Class
This week our focus was on each child as an INDIVIDUAL and their FAMILY
- Discussions on what it means to be a family were had as well as some memorizes shared
- Using mini cereal boxes we created our own homes
- we investigated how everyone is special and compared fingerprints
- We are memorizing a "Name Poem" that emphasizes the importance of our names
- Role playing as mommies, daddies, brothers, sisters and grandparents have took place in dramatic play
- We are still working on our All about me puzzles
We want to make a family tree but we will need FAMILY PHOTOS, please!
Monday 19th- Friday 23rd
- We will continue our family unit and finish out art projects (All about me puzzles)
- Talk and make a list of activities family do together.....then do that list (After all we are a school family)
- Looking into how we can show love and respect to family and friends (Trying to remove hurtful saying from the classroom and replace them with positive words)