Family Newsletter-SPECIAL EDITION: Extended Spring Break
In this special edition of our family newsletter you will find helpful information regarding our district's messages about COVID-19 and some resources and activities available to you to do from home with your children. Remember that all resources and activities are suggestions and not "have to's". The expectation and reason for this extended spring break is to provide social distancing to keep our community healthy.
The activities that I shared below are ideas you can do with your children that vary from academic tasks to physical activities, quiet time to just plain old fun. You choose! Disclaimer: I have not personally visited all of the sites and resources that are listed below. Use at your own discretion. I have gathered these resources from peers and colleagues in our district and across the nation through social media, emailing and word of mouth. I'm grateful to be a part of an educational community who shares and looks out for each other in these unprecedented times.
I certainly miss seeing all of our students, staff and families right now, but our main goal is to stay healthy. Thank you for continuing to take the recommendations, directives and protocols seriously to keep our Lenox community and our larger community healthy. Our building will be thoroughly disinfected top-down, section by section over the extended break.
If you have any questions, I encourage you to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org as our staff is out at this time as well and may not respond.
Be kind. Be compassionate. Be strong. Be calm. Be safe.
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Upcoming Dates
- March 16th-March 31st--NO SCHOOL: Extended Spring Break
- March 16th-20th--Win With Reading Challenge continued
- March 23rd-27th--Hillsboro Hops Spring Break Reading Program (see more info below)
- Weds., April 1--first day back from our extended Spring Break
- Thurs., April 2nd--College Wear Day! Wear your college gear.
- Mon., April 6th--Booster Club Mtg. 7:00-8:30PM. Offered via remotely. More info to come.
- Thurs., April 9th--End of 3rd quarter
- Fri., April 10th--NO SCHOOL: Teacher Work Day
HSD Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Below is the link to our HSD Coronavirus website, the place to go for our most up-to-date information.
HSD Extended Spring Break Updates
March 13, 2020 - Additional details about the District’s extended Spring break in response to COVID-19 concerns are provided in the document linked below.
Actualizaciones sobre el descanso prolongado de primavera en HSD
13 de marzo de 2020: Hay detalles adicionales sobre la prolongación del descanso de primavera en el Distrito en respuesta a las preocupaciones sobre COVID-19 en el documento adjunto a continuación.
Here is a list of community resources that may be useful during our extended closure.
Student Meals--Clarification on locations and procedures
- Please visit the “HSD Extended Spring Break Meals” document on our coronavirus webpage for correct/current information.
- The seven Hub Sites are serving meals at 10am, 11am, and 12pm to elementary, middle, and high school students, respectively. The Hub Sites were created to have enough meals for the respective schools assigned to each hub. The staggered times are to help with traffic flow and meal distribution.
- Lenox's meal Hub Site is Liberty HS. If you are in need of meals, please go to Liberty HS at 10AM.
- Meals will be offered March 16th-March 20th and again on March 30th & 31st.
- Children must be present to receive a meal (ages 1-18).
- If families have students at multiple levels, they can pick up all meals at the same location.
Accessing iReady from Home
- Navigate to myapps.hsd.k12.or.us
- Click sign in with Google
- Type in school google account (don't forget to add @hsd.k12.or.us to your child's username)
- Type in password for school google account
- Click on the iReady icon