ROTORUA TOUR FOR CRUISE-SHIPS
Thermal delights & Maori culture experience
Wonderful Maori Culture & Thermal Activity
Travel from ship-side over the harbour bridge & through Tauranga's CBD, before leaving the city & travelling through open countryside en route to Rotorua.
After proceeding to Te Puia, the Maori Cultural Centre, clients are given a personalised tour of the old pa site, through the thermal grounds (of boiling mud, geysers etc.) & shown the wood-carving school, flax-weaving & the kiwi bird. This is followed by a Maori Welcome onto the marae, before entering a meeting house for a performance by a Maori concert party.
On leaving Te Puia, we travel through Rotorua's CBD to a small cafe on the lakefront, where lunch is purchased (at client's cost). After lunch we travel along the lakefront, through the Government Gardens, stopping at the Rotorua Museum, the Historic Bath-house, to explain the background of this fine old building.
We return to Tauranga via a different route, which provides clients with the opportunity to view different scenery.
En route we stop briefly at a kiwifruit orchard where the kiwifruit industry is explained, from planting through to the beautiful edible fruit.
To end the tour, we travel along our beautiful waterfront & beach, before returning to ship-side.
While travelling, your driver/guide for the tour will give a commentary explaining points of interest.,
COST: Adult $155.00; Children up to 15 yrs. $99.00 (Includes Te Puia costs)
OR IF YOU WANT YOUR OWN GROUP:
EXCLUSIVE TOUR (1-6 people) - $960.00
GROUP TOUR ( Up to 18 pax- $2,100.00
OTHER CRUISE-SHIP TOURS WE HAVE AVAILABLE:
- Waitomo Tour to the world-renowned caves & Glow-worm Grotto
- Our company specialises in small group tours. We aim to give a personal experience and to avoid the anonymity often felt on large coach tours
- Although we have some set tours, we can customise a tour to ensure that you see and do exactly what you want
- We are 100% New Zealand-owned and operated. Our professional driver/tour guides have an extensive knowledge of the areas covered, which ensures that their information is both interesting and informative. Their proficiency in the English language, combined with clear enunciation, ensures commentary quality.
- We can pick you up from/return you to local accommodation, your cruise-ship at the Port of Tauranga, or further afield, if required.
- Lyn & Paul Marston have owned and operated Tauranga Tasting Tours & Charters for over twelve years, and aim to give you an experience you won't forget - for the right reasons!.
Private and Personal Tours to suit
For groups, this tour can be changed to a transport-only price, with clients' option of activities/venues. Read our reviews on www.tripadvisor.co.uk
Tauranga Tasting Tours & Charters has been run for the last 14 years by Paul and Lyn Marston. Paul is usually your driver and guide and he has a huge repertoire of knowledge...and bad jokes. Always good company.