Seagraves ISD Newsletter
September 19-24, 2016
Events This Week
- Cheerleaders invite staff and students to dress up for Spirit Day, Thursday, September, 22. The theme is Decades, so choose the 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. and show your spirit!
- The junior high Eagles will play Van Horn in Monahans Thursday, September 22, at 5:00.
- The J.V. Eagles will play Brownfield in Seagraves Thursday at 5:00.
- Seagraves will compete in a golf tournament Friday, September 23, in Rawls and at Shadow Hills Golf course in Lubbock. Good luck, Hannah!
- Seagraves Eagles Boosters will provide the pre-game meal of a loaded baked potato, dessert, and a drink this week from 5-7 in the high school cafeteria. Tickets are $8.
- The varsity Eagles will play Van Horn Friday night in Eagle Stadium at 7:30. The pep-rally will be at 3:15 at the high school.
- The Ministerial Alliance will host 5th Quarter at Rivers of Life Church after the home game Friday.
- The high school Cross Country team will compete at the Lubbock Invitational Saturday, September 24.
- The varsity Eagles will be open next week. We will not have a game Friday, September 30.
- The junior high Eagles will play Denver City Thursday, September 29, at 4:00, and the J.V. Eagles will play at 5:30.
- The next ACT will be October 22, and the next deadline is November 4 for the December 10 test. See Mrs. Garza for study materials.
- See You at the Pole will be next Wednesday, September 28, at the front of the high school beginning at 7:00 a.m.
- FCA will attend Fields of Faith Wednesday, October 5, at Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock from 5:00-11:00 p.m.
- Josten's will be here October 8 to take senior graduation orders. Payment will be due by October 15.
- The mini cheer camp will be October 10-12 and sign ups are due by Friday, September 30. The fee is $25. See Mrs. Garza for more information.
- Cross Country teams will compete in Sundown Saturday, October 1.
- School pictures will be Tuesday, October 11.
- The junior high Open House will be Tuesday, October 11, from 6:30-8:00.
Homecoming Week Recognitions
- The SHS cheerleaders thank the Eagle Boosters fo helping to "paint" the town with streamers for Homecoming week.
- Boosters served burgers at the Eagle Tailgate Wednesday, September14. Thank you to Mr. L.V. Anderson, Mr. Joe Longoria, Mrs. Kim Gersbach Wilkins, and the many other people who showed up to help serve.
- Thank you to Jordana and Armando Minjarez for donating the lanterns and fireworks used at the Burning of the Letters Thursday evening.
- The community gathered downtown for the Homecoming Parade on Main Street at 2:30 Friday afternoon. The high school classes are grateful for the help of parents and teachers in the creation of their floats.
- Congratulations to the sophomore class for winning 1st place in the Homecoming float contest and to the freshman class for winning 2nd place. The senior class won 3rd place and 4th place went to the junior class.
- Jasmine Alonzo, senior, was crowned Homecoming Queen at 7:00 at Eagle Stadium. The football players chose Franziska Weiser, Ayslen Prieto, and Karissa Minjarez as this year's Homecoming Court.
- After all of the Homecoming festivities, the Seagraves Ministerial Alliance sponsored a 5th Quarter at United Faith Missionary Baptist Church. Thank you for providing a place to gather for food and fellowship after home games.
- And last, but not least, thank you to Dr. Kevin Spiller, Josh Goen, Glenn Thompson, Ovidio Martinez, Shelby Garza, Jamie Humphries, Samantha Kinzie, Kami Miller, Ruben Valles, and everyone else who helped to make Homecoming 2016 a fun-filled and memorable week.
2016 Homecoming Queen: Jasmine Alonzo
2016 Homecoming Court
1st Place: Sophomores
SISD Teacher Web Pages
Please visit the district website for information about classes, teacher schedules, and teacher emails. Each secondary teacher has a website and each elementary team has a website. When you get to the main website, click "campuses" then select your campus and look at the left of the page to select "faculty directory." There, you will see teacher names, email addresses, and website addresses.