Cedar Park Middle School - March 2020
Message From the Principal
Dear Beaverton Parents and Community Members,
The recent discussions about the Common Middle School Experience and potential changes to the middle level overall has offered me some opportunities to examine school data, and I have a lot of great news to share.
- When compared to "like" schools (size, demographics, etc.) from around the entire state of Oregon, Cedar Park has the highest percentage of students meeting or exceeding on the SBAC Math test.
- When compared to "like" schools (size, demographics, etc.) from around the entire state of Oregon, Cedar Park has the second highest percentage of students meeting or exceeding on the SBAC English Language Arts test.
- Cedar Park students have the highest percentage of growth in math than any other BSD middle school.
- The percentage of students showing at least one year's worth of growth in math and ELA has increased every year for the last three years.
- The percentage of students with disabilities who showed a year's worth of growth increased by 22% last year; English Language Learners increased by 23%.
- Every demographic group (economically disadvantaged, race, ELL, etc.) increased the percentage of students showing a year's worth of growth in math and ELA.
I am so proud of our students and teachers at this school. They work very hard. I'm also grateful that our parent community is so supportive of the school, our values, and our students' success. Your encouragement at home sets the tone for school.
It's often easy to take note of the things that schools need to "fix," but it's more important to stop and celebrate our successes when we have them. Cedar Park continues to grow and improve, and I am honored to be the Principal.
Have a great March, and enjoy your Spring Break.
Important Dates to Remember
12th @ 6:30 PM - Middle School Boundary Meeting at Mountain View Middle School
16th - 20th - Spirit Week (see flyer below)
19th @ 6:00 PM - Band Concert
23rd - 27th - Spring Break
2nd - Band Festival at Southridge High School
9th - Choir Festival for 8th grade only
9th @ 6:00 PM - Outdoor School Information Night
Middle School Boundary Meeting
Thursday, March 12th, 6:30pm
16550 Southwest Merlo Road
After School Programs
6th Grade Outdoor School Information
6th grade parents:
SAVE THE DATE! Outdoor School will be May 26-May 29. Outdoor school in an overnight experience, and students stay at the camp Tuesday-Friday. Mark your calendars for April 9th at 6:00 PM for the Outdoor School Information Night which will be presented in English and Spanish.
Shadow a Beaver
Yearbooks are on sale now for $20 until May 29th.
Prices will increase to $25 from May 30th - June 5th while supplies last.
Yearbook purchases will not be accepted after June 5th.
Best to order your yearbook early before they are sold out.
You may pick up an order form in the Main Office or the Library. Online purchases can be made through the Online Payment System through ParentVUE.