Sumter County Middle School
Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Third Wheel
The new Diary of a Wimpy Kid is now available for check-out. Stop by for a good read!
Did you enjoy the book you just read? Come by and tweet about it!
Media Center Mission
The mission of the media program is to provide students, teachers, and administrators with the services and resources necessary to become effective users of information and ideas. This mission will be accomplished by:
- providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats.
- promoting comprehensive invovlement and cooperatively planning in the media program development.
- supporting instruction and the instructional program through leadership and assistance in information technologies.
- providing resource materials, equipment, and learning activities that support and extend the instructional program.
- working with other educators in designing learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
- providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- developing an environment that functions as the information center of the school.
Media Center Policy
The Media Center is open 7:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Students may check out books anytime during the school week. All trade books are due two weeks from the date of check-out. Books must be presented to the circulation desk for proper check-out procedures.
- Students may have a maximum of two books out at any one time.
- Lost or damaged books must be paid for in a timely manner. The Media Center reserves the right to deny any or all library privileges to a student who fails to return media materials or pay fines.
- Students are responsible for materials checked out in his/her name. Students are advised not to loan materials to other students.
Overdue notices will be sent out each grading period or sooner as needed.