Dr. Joshua Teeter-Jones M.D.
" To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail" MJ
My Self Awareness
- My interest in life is to be a Surgeon.
- I have many skills that will help me achieve this goal
- A good academic career
- I work well with others as a team
- I am a great communicator
- I have good hand eye coordination
- I am able to handle stress
5. I have an Interpersonal learning style which gives me many skills that would help me in my career such as
- Great social interaction skills
- Understanding people around me ( their moods and motives)
- I am good at giving and receiving feedback
- Talking out problems
- Working with large groups of people
Find a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life
The above qualities should be considered when deciding on my career because you could choose a job that isn't right for you. Then you would spend years unhappy with the job you have chosen.
My career as a Surgeon....
- $203,634 annually
- Job outlook is 18% faster than average
- Health science is what cluster my job would fall under
- I would be on call with long hours and found in surgery
- My work environment would be in an operating room and also an office
- The most interesting thing about my job would be saving peoples lives on a daily basis
My goals to get me to become a surgeon......
- I plan on attending the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and then going to medical school at Duke University
- I would love to attend the University of Arkansas because it is close to home, it is the school I have loved since I was a child. I would want to attend Duke because it is one of the top rated medical schools in the country.
- I would earn my Doctoral degree
- The annual tuition at the University of Arkansas is $17,504 annually. The tuition at Duke $48,065
- The scholarships that I would want and plan to receive