Westside Middle School
May 7, 2021
- No School for 7th Graders
- Career Day for 8th Graders 8:00-11:00am
Friday, May 21st
- last day for WebEx Meetings for Extended Campus Students
Thursday, May 27th
- Last day of school, 1:00pm Dismissal.
After School Library
Friday, May 14, 8:00-11:00 a.m. - Eighth Grade Career Day
One Morning + Thousands of Careers = Exceptional Learning Opportunity!
NOTE: Student buses will only be running in the morning on this day. Please make transportation arrangements, in advance, for your student to be picked up at 11:00.
8th grade students are dismissed at 11 a.m. to accommodate sixth grade Warrior Walkabout.
There is no school for 7th grade students.
Career Day Activities . . .
• Please bring a fully charged computer.
- Keynote Career Presenters!
•Career rotation sessions involving real-world experiences within career clusters!
•Gaining career awareness (what they do, work environment, how to become one, pay, job outlook)!
•Service Learning (WHS graduation requirement) - Information to begin earning hours this summer!
Information will be sent out to all Extended Campus students on they can participate and complete activities.
"We believe that providing ALL learners with high-quality career development services and technology will help ensure that they secure productive employment in their chosen career as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. This will also better meet the needs of employers for a skilled workforce, elevate the dignity of all work and help more young people achieve the American Dream."
-Coalition for Career Development
Computer Check In
What to turn in?
- Protective Case
Students will clean their computers in their class before they turn them in.
What if I am an Extended Campus learner?
- You will need to turn in your computer on one of those two days between the time of 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- All EC learners will clean their computers at the time of check-in.
- Students must be present when checking in their computer, they can't drop it off at the main office.
Westside Community Schools Technology Sale
Last Day of School - Thursday, 5/27!
- We will be offering grab and go sack lunches for students who sign up for one. Students may bring a sack lunch from home.
- Students will not be allowed to bring backpacks, all materials will be sent home on Wednesday, 5/26.
- Buses will depart at 1:10 (no late buses) and all students will be expected to leave campus by 1:15.
- Yearbooks will be distributed to students who have pre-purchased one.
Playing Sports Next year?
Nebraska law requires students participating in interscholastic athletics to have a current physical on file with the athletic director. For this year’s 7th grade students, this means it will be necessary to have a sports physical before participation during the 2021-2022 school year. A physical exam dated on or after May 1, 2021 is considered current for the entire year.
Please Contact Mr. Carlson if you have any questions.
This year we had over 500 students earn various honors and awards in our building! Although this is an incredible accomplishment for our students, it does not allow us to get a chance to celebrate in person. Due to the high number of students that would participate, we would not be able to social distance appropriately. For this reason, our honors recognition will be done virtually this year, similar to what was done last year. Parents of students who receive awards will be sent an email with information on how to view the virtual recognition presentation. In addition, students will notified of how and when to pick up their awards. We apologize that we cannot have this ceremony in person, but we are very excited about the incredible accomplishments of so many students.
Parents will be notified by the end of the day on May 14th if their student has earned an award.
Thank you for understanding and please contact our Assistant Principal, Brian Stevens, if you have any questions.
Summer Sports Camps
The attendance number is 402-408-8649 or 402-390-6464
Help WMS earn free money through TAGG
Kim Eymann - Principal
Brian Stevens - Assistant Principal (He will handle all questions on Busing)
Dean for 8A & 7C
Jenni Allen - Assistant Principal & Special Services Department Chair
Dan Carlson - Dean & Athletic Director
Dean for 7A, 7B, & 8B
Corrie Philo - Dean for 7D, 8C, & 8D