We Are... Room 304!
Miss Anderson's Weekly Scoop
September 28-October 2, 2015
September 28th-October 2nd ~
- Tiger of the Week ~ Chase B.
September 30th ~
- Doylestown Field Trip Permission Slips & $5.00 Due
- Electricity Quiz
October 2nd ~
- Titus Tiger Spirit Day
- Race for Education - Stamp Donations Due
- Unit #2 Spelling Quiz
October 4th ~
- Home & School Harvest Breakfast - Titus Dining Room - 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
October 5th ~
- Tiger of the Week ~ Ryan B.
Click below to sign up for Pumpkin Math!
A few quick things about this week...
This week we will be starting our first LEAD 21 unit and learning about our heritage. Students will be focusing on determining important information and author's purpose while reading.
As part of our "4th Grade 20 Book Challenge," students need to complete a completed book form to receive credit for their completed independent reading book. Forms are available at school, but a link is also located on our website, and below to print out. Our goal is for students to read 5 books per marking period.
This past week, we practiced leaving tracks of our thinking while reading on post-its in our books, so students should be leaving 2-3 tracks nightly during their 20 minutes of reading!
Writing & Spelling
Students should be writing at home 2+ times per week. All "at home" entries should be dated and marked with an (H) to clearly identify an "at home" entry. Remember... the more they write, the better writers they will become!
Spelling Homework - Unit #2
*Each week's spelling list will be posted on our class website!
We are beginning Unit #2 - Using Numbers & Organizing Data. This unit will be focusing on the following skills:
- Place Value
- Organizing Data using Graphs
- Identifying the Median
- Adding & Subtracting Multi-Digit Numbers
Science ~ Electricity
Students may be finishing pages of the Important book project at home this week. Expectations are as follows:
- Students correctly fill in the blanks in their white packet using the purple paper.
- Words should be spelled correctly, because the words are on the purple paper!
- All illustrations should relate to the content on the page, be neat, and colored.