Providence PTA Newsletter
2nd Six Weeks
1st Six Weeks PTA Update
It is hard to believe the first six weeks is already over. Here are all the great things that the PTA was able to do for the students and staff of Providence during the months of August and September. We love supporting our school and look forward to a fantastic second six weeks!
- The PTA provided the staff with a luncheon the day of Meet the Teacher as well as with a fridge full of drinks and snacks in early September.
- The agendas that are used daily by the students were purchased by the PTA.
- The Braswell convocation staff shirts were provided by the PTA.
- The PTA hosted a Boohoo/Yahoo breakfast for the kindergarten parents.
- Dr. Wilson spoke about the TRE at our General Meeting on November 9.
- The PTA hosted "Popcorn with the Principals" at the General Meeting.
- $100 was donated by the PTA to the Texas PTA Fill the Backpack campaign in honor of the Providence grandparents. The money went directly to purchase school supplies for students impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- The book fair was open for grandparents, students, families, and staff to shop in from September 8 through September 15.
- The classroom teachers and some of the support staff were given $100 each in scholastic dollars to purchase items from the Scholastic catalog for their classrooms that will be directly used by the students. The scholastic dollars are earned from the book fairs.
- One student from each class was given a gift certificate to shop at the book fair. The students selected were those that would have otherwise not been able to shop at the book fair.
- Each classroom teacher was given $20 in scholastic dollars to shop at the book fair to purchase books for their classroom.
- The PTA purchased the movie license for the school. This license allows any type of educational video or DVD to be played in the classroom.
- The Watch DOGS pizza kickoff meeting was held on September 20. Free pizza and drinks were provided to all of the dads, father figures, and students who attended.
- The Reflections art program kicked off and is open for entries. http://www.providenceelementarypta.com/reflections.html
- The box tops collection program kicked off. 100% of the money earned from the box tops goes directly back to the classroom teachers.
- The PTA hosted the first monthly Chick-fil-a spirit night.
The PTA thanks everyone for their support!
Boosterthon Fun Run
The PTA’s Boosterthon Fun Run event will kick off on October 23. This event was chosen for its character and community building philosophy and activities. Boosterthon is like a field day, a 5K race, a concert, and an explosion of school spirit all in one.
Between the kickoff on October 23 and the run on November 3, students can collect pledges to win prizes. Pledges can be made online which enables family and friends from all over the world to participate. The PTA's goal is to get a pledge from all 50 states! ALL students will get to participate in the fun run by running laps while being cheered on by their teachers, volunteers, and the Boosterthon team.
We are so excited to announce our 2017/2018 Reflections program! The theme is Within Reach, and your child should have received a flyer home in their Friday folder. More information can be found on our website, and we will have exciting Reflections announcements to share in the coming weeks.
Entry forms can be found on the Reflections table in the foyer. If you have a student who wants to participate, check out the link below, and tell your artist to get creating! We can't wait to see what they dream up! http://www.providenceelementarypta.com/reflections.html
October 10: Chick-fil-a spirit day
October 12: Early release
October 13: No school / Teacher work day
October 16: No school / Teacher work day
October 20: Fall Pictures
October 23: Boosterthon kick off
October 23 - 27: Red Ribbon week
October 27: Reflections entries due
October 27: Box tops due