Wait before you roll your eyes...I HAVE GOOD NEWS! :-)
- Deciding what to do and how to do it in your classroom is a big factor in this process.
- Diagnosing a problem should lead to immediate action in a classroom.
- Don't look at data as a chore, it's a responsibility.
- Accountability is student-centered...aren't they the reason we do what we do?
- Approach it like this: students are accountable for learning and teachers for teaching.
- Achievement for students and teachers will only improve if our habits do.
- Totally an oxymoron, don't you think?
- Take what you're already doing and using in your room to work for you.
- Teaching in Action Diagrams show you how you're assessing your students. (pg. 26)
- Act now!
- A little progress is still progress..."sustained school success!"
- Apply what you discover because once you have paid attention to what you're noticing in your room, it improves the quality of your teaching as well as the quality of learning!