Crazy For Kindergarten
Mrs. Bolon's Class Newsletter 4/18/16-4/29/16
Our Week in Pictures
A BIG thank you to all the families that came to Student Showcase!
Happy faces & happy hearts!
Happy to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Readers at work
Looking back in the text for text evidence.
A HUGE thank you to Mrs. Cozza and Mrs. Barr for all they do for Kipling School!
How is it May already?
This Week in ELA...
- Main Idea and Details
- Locating Text Evidence
- Compare and Contrast
- Ask & Answer Questions
- Retelling Stories
- Opinions are personal thoughts or feelings.
- Opinion writing uses opinion sentence starters. (I think... My favorite... I believe...)
- Opinions are supported with details. (Example: I like strawberries because they are red, sweet and juicy.)
*Shark vs. Train: A great guest reader story during our study of opinion writing!
Long Vowel Study
This Week in Math...
- Story Problems
- Addition to five, Addition to ten
- Subtraction from five, Subtraction from ten
- Composing and decomposing numbers into tens and ones (eg: 13 is one group of ten and three ones)
Math Fact Songs
- Monday: Day 3
- Tuesday: Day 4; LMC Books
- Wednesday: Day 5
- Thursday: Day 1; Popcorn Journals
- Friday: Day 2
May 24th: KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION, MUSIC & ART SHOW
- Please join us for a special celebration honoring your children. Our Music & Art Show will be coupled with Kindy Graduation. Doors will open at 6:00 and the performance and graduation will start at 6:30. Hope to see you there!